No announcement yet.

Who was wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was wrong?

So I was on the bus headed to work and some guy had his headphones listening to some soft jazz, it was kind of loud but I found it calming.

Then some old lady walks up to him asks him to turn it down, he just shakes his head ever so slightly and goes back to listening to his music.

Who was the one being a cunt?

I say the old lady for having the nerve in a public setting to assume some level of comfort one is not entitled to on public transport.
    The jazz lovin man
    14.81%
    Old lady
    51.85%
    Get a fukkin car Spray
    22.22%
    This is too important a decision for me to make, I always choke in these situations
    11.11%

I agree with you.

Most people act like they own the world and have some sort of right to dictate to others.

Comment

The dude with the headphones. I take public transportation frequently and encounter these obnoxious douchebags all the time. You don't turn up your ipod so much that everyone on the bus/train has to listen to your music. You gotta be courteous and respectful to people around; you don't have a right to disturb the (relative) peace because you want to listen to your music unneccessarily loud.,..

The worst thing is, when the person has their smart phone on speaker with the blaring music. It's just rude and classless IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        The dude with the headphones. I take public transportation frequently and encounter these obnoxious douchebags all the time. You don't turn up your ipod so much that everyone on the bus/train has to listen to your music. You gotta be courteous and respectful to people around; you don't have a right to disturb the (relative) peace because you want to listen to your music unneccessarily loud.,..
        it wasn't blasting or anything but if you were close you could hear it, and it was soothing......I wouldn't have gone out of my way to say anything also what about all of these screaming brats, nothing we can do there but we just have to suck it up.

Comment

i think the lady was right. . . people should have respect in public to keep their music down where only they can hear it. . . that's the purpose of headphones, afterall. . .

even if he did have a good taste in music, you should have enough respect to keep the volume where nobody else can hear. . . you're in public, not in your house!

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
            I agree with you.

Most people act like they own the world and have some sort of right to dictate to others.
            but don't you think this would apply to somebody having their music loud enough where others can hear it? that seems like you think you have an entitlement to "dictate" the environment of others. . . surely asking somebody to turn their music down isn't trying to dictate their environment? it's simply asking them NOT to dictate yours. . . he could still listen to his music perfectly at a lower volume setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
              but don't you think this would apply to somebody having their music loud enough where others can hear it? that seems like you think you have an entitlement to "dictate" the environment of others. . . surely asking somebody to turn their music down isn't trying to dictate their environment? it's simply asking them NOT to dictate yours. . . he could still listen to his music perfectly at a lower volume setting.
              Yeah, but I have seen people getting snotty on public transportation because a baby is crying. I think if he had his headphones in, he is doing his bit. It's not as if he was blasting it on his phone.

I remember being on the phone with my son on my way home from work and someone telling me to shhhh. WTF? When did the bus become a library?

How do you know he isn't slightly hard of hearing? Maybe he NEEDS to have it at a higher volume to hear it.

Comment

old lady was bang out of order

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  So I was on the bus headed to work and some guy had his headphones listening to some soft jazz, it was kind of loud but I found it calming.

Then some old lady walks up to him asks him to turn it down, he just shakes his head ever so slightly and goes back to listening to his music.

Who was the one being a cunt?

I say the old lady for having the nerve in a public setting to assume some level of comfort one is not entitled to on public transport.
                  She should not have asked and he should have been more courteous. But, if I absolutely had to choose, on the surface it seems as though she was a little more in the wrong. It's not like he was blaring it on a huge radio that the whole transit system could hear.

Comment

I would say the lady was a ****.

I have no issues with someone listening to their music at whatever volume they want.

The only places that I would say is disrespectful having music blasting would be at a funeral, library, and at a church.

At a bus? Train? Feel free to play whatever you want.

What do you guys think about people who play loud music from their cars while driving? For some reason I always do this not cause I wanna be a dick but I concentrate more.

Comment

Working...
                    X