Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greater Official Fighter of the Decade Winner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decade for Decade you have to go with Pac because Roy's resume just doesn't compared to Pacquiao's. It's basically what the question comes down to. This has nothing to do with who is the greater fighter. Even though i would say Pac has edged him by a small margin now as the higher ATG and that would only increase if for example he adds mayweather to his list. But anyways back on topic Pac had the greater decade!

Comment

• Manny Pacqiuao Is...

Comment

• Originally posted by titanium View Post
        Manny Pacqiuao Is...
        why?..............

Comment

• Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
          lol really? going by your logic, if lebron doesn't win the championship, then his nba season MVPs are meaningless?

amazing
          Lebron can win MVPs all he want, but as long as kobe whos getting the rings he's not the real MVP.

Actually it's a two diff situations. Yes they named him FOTD but it is disputed IMO As long as he don't have a W over floyd. A fight between those two would decide who is the Undisputed FOTD.

Atleast roy already has beaten his "Mayweather(B-Hop)". There was no doubt that he's the best in the 90's. So dominant, Nobody came close to beat him Unlike Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Hammer View Post
            Decade for Decade you have to go with Pac because Roy's resume just doesn't compared to Pacquiao's. It's basically what the question comes down to. This has nothing to do with who is the greater fighter. Even though i would say Pac has edged him by a small margin now as the higher ATG and that would only increase if for example he adds mayweather to his list. But anyways back on topic Pac had the greater decade!
            As i said manny didn't beat a fighter as good as bernard(who went undefeated for over a decade after his fight with roy) and prime toney(Who was undefeated and the best P4P fighter in the world).

Comment

• Roy grabbed his big first title in 1994. Outside of his DQ, he didn't lose his first until 2004 at age 35.

Jones > Pacquiao

I love the Pac man too, but Roy's athletic ability was simply unreal.

The dude that said most Pac fans weren't watching boxing when Roy was dominating so the Poll is unfair was telling the truth. I'm not trying to talk down on anyone, but I know a lot of Pacquiao's fans have just got into boxing, and you all should really go back and download some of Jones' fights. I grew up watching him and he was damn sure one of boxing's greats. Jones-Toney, Jones-Hall, Jones-Ruiz...and Jones-Griffin II. Roy had got DQ in their first fight and he came back and sparked the dude out in the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Roy grabbed his first titled in 1994. Outside of his DQ, he didn't lose his first until 2004 at age 35.

Jones > Pacquiao

I love the Pac man too, but Roy's athletic ability was simply unreal.

The dude that said most Pac fans weren't watching boxing when Roy was dominating so the Poll is unfair was telling the truth. I'm not trying to talk down on anyone, but I know a lot of Pacquiao's fans have just got into boxing, and you all should really go back and download some of Jones' fights. I grew up watching him and he was damn sure one of boxing's greats. Jones-Toney, Jones-Hall, Jones-Ruiz...and Jones-Griffin II. Roy had got DQ in their first fight and he came back and sparked the dude out in the first round.

I was totally blown away while watching this. Just observe the speed, tighness and crispiness of those jabs:

I can tell you one thing: If Roy was in his prime fighting today, we would certainly have more Roytards than there are *******s right now. Guaranteed.

Roy is simply a greater breed of fighter than Pacquiao. He is on another level.

Comment

• Originally posted by T.McGrady View Post
                  Lebron can win MVPs all he want, but as long as kobe whos getting the rings he's not the real MVP.

Actually it's a two diff situations. Yes they named him FOTD but it is disputed IMO As long as he don't have a W over floyd. A fight between those two would decide who is the Undisputed FOTD.

Atleast roy already has beaten his "Mayweather(B-Hop)". There was no doubt that he's the best in the 90's. So dominant, Nobody came close to beat him Unlike Manny.
                  lol so you're gonna use that same ****ty theory? if rings are the determining factor, then rob horry is the best baller in the history of the damn league

there's a purpose in giving away two MVPs awards. one determines who's the best of the league (season MVP) while the other determines who's the best player in the finals

i didn't know that being best player of the winning team makes you superior than the best player of the whole LEAGUE

back on topic: why the hell should floyd get the award over pacquiao? pacquiao did in a year more at WW than floyd in 5 years. a dude that retired for 2 years and had a decent to average resume at WW should get the award? this award isn't given to the most skillful boxer, it's given to the one that did the most in that decade. are you trying to imply that floyd did more this decade than pac? if not, then feel free to explain why is floyd more deserving than pac for the FOTD award

Comment

• Originally posted by T.McGrady View Post

its already been decided that pac is the FOTD. unless floyd has a hot tub time machine, nobody can take that away from pac. there's no disputing it. now if floyd didn't retire and fought cotto/margo then I'd say it's disputed. but it's not. floyd's competition in the last decade hasn't been as impressive as pac's and he didn't win in as an impressive fashion as pac.

rjj is undoubtedly the FOTD in the 90's.

Comment

• Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                      X