Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The living legend that is Danny Williams...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The living legend that is Danny Williams...

Danny Williams could be on the road towards another world heavyweight title bid.

This follows the Brixton Bomber's defeat of the previously unbeaten Konstantin Airich in Bilbao on Friday night.

Williams had looked ill at ease in the early stages of the contest having been put on the canvas and docked points but he responded tremendously in the fifth round.

His opponent ended up on the canvas himself and then took a tremendous amount of punishment in the sixth round before his corner threw in the towel in the seventh.
    Williams' next bout will be on July 4 against John McDermott when he defends his British title but climbing into the ring for another potential crack at world honours must now be on his mind.
    Good to see The Killer is back on track. I reckon Wladimir will duck him anyway, considering how broken Vitali's body has been since the Williams fight. Damn haha.

Originally posted by Counterpunch View Post
    Good to see The Killer is back on track. I reckon Wladimir will duck him anyway, considering how broken Vitali's body has been since the Williams fight. Damn haha.
    He didn't just win, he beat an entire army of people.

Airich, the ref, the promoter, the crowd...

Doesn't get any sweeter than winning a fight when you are so clearly supposed to lose.

Comment

Danny is one of the nicest guys in the sport. A true man.

Comment

He's an Arsenal fan though

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
          Danny is one of the nicest guys in the sport. A true man.
          Yes, we should be very pround of boxers like him.

ALWAYS gives 150%

Comment

Whatever you say Anorak.

A-Force will take over the division.

Comment

any of u seen the video of this, its on daily motion, it was disgusting, one of the worst things i have ever seen, round 6 danny was battering this guy so his promotor rings the bell with 1 and a half mins left of the round

Comment

Surprised team Williams hasn't spoken out about fridays dodgey antics really is worth a watch.

Can't see Williams winning a world title now unfortunately, great guy and fighter. But his record shows a clear down turn in form over several years, losing to opponents he once beat, namely Harrison. Still though, glad he's still doing well, deserves respect and is an underated HW.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                  Surprised team Williams hasn't spoken out about fridays dodgey antics really is worth a watch.

Can't see Williams winning a world title now unfortunately, great guy and fighter. But his record shows a clear down turn in form over several years, losing to opponents he once beat, namely Harrison. Still though, glad he's still doing well, deserves respect and is an underated HW.
                  Good post.

Comment

I have a Danny Williams t-shirt

it has Tyson on it too

otherwise I wouldn't have a Danny Williams t-shirt

Comment

Working...
                    X