Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan's Market Value Overestimated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of us brits dont really like biscuit chin but we'll back him if he fights mayweather not because we hate mayweather simply because we can say our guy beat yours. Alot of people will get behind khan because he is the underdog

Comment

Khan is way over valued....

Hatton n calzaghe were undefeated champs with a long resume of success...

Khan was hyped from Olympics, but he is about a level away from being audley Harrison

This fight won't break a mil buys,, probably around 800k like the ghost fight... The biggest way to sell fights to casuals is the fight week hype on espn,,, they will hype a guys most recent success like they did ghost and Ortiz,,,, but what can they say about khan.. Dude hasn't looked good in years

Not sure what buy rates or revenue on the British side,but I doubt they charge 75 bucks plus get major amount of buy rates... Isn't 100k good in England based on size

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        So that must mean he's the second highest paid ...
        Maybe not the second highest paid, but he has a net worth of $23 million. Which I believe to be one of the highest of any active boxers. Whilst Ill be the first to admit plenty of that has come from outside boxing, the original question is whether his value is overestimated? To have the kind of earnings and the type sponsorship Khan has, you must be a popular young man, and have lots of crossover appeal. Which he clearly has. His appeal should actually not be under question at all, its his credentials which I and many others question. The frustration in that situation is causing people to try and discredit his ability to sell which is unfounded for the most part, and based on assumptions and very few facts. Khan has lost 2 of his last 4 and struggled bad against a b-level fighter in his last fight, and incredibly he is still in the frame, this is because people like Schaefer have all the information, the numbers, and are much smarter than your average joe on nsb.

Comment

Working...
        X