No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Exposes Bute, Demolishes Him in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
    Weird ending with Froch running around the ring while the ref is giving Bute the count. Technically the ref was supposed to order Froch to a nutral corner and stop the count until he did so. It was that little technicality that saved Bute's @ss when he fought Andrade the 1st time.
    This is different. Against Andrade in Quebec, it was very obvious that the ref had an agenda.

Last night was a miscommunication and a bad call from the ref. Froch (and the rest of us), thought the ref waved it off. Froch turned his back to celebrate immediately after he saw the ref wave and therefore didn't hear the ref telling him to go to a neutral corner.

I don't even know why the ref allowed him to continue. Bute took some heavy blows on the ropes. At first I thought it was a good stoppage by the ref - until I found out some seconds later that he was giving Bute the count. Very dangerous and ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lostlinka View Post
      Made-up for Froch. What a crazy demolision job. Fight of the year going to be a 5 rounder?
      A little too soon and one-sided to call it fight of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
        A little too soon and one-sided to call it fight of the year.
        Yeah could well be. Agree it would have been more great if there had been 2 guys fighting in there. I will be surpised to see any action more exiting this year though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SelectOne View Post
          This is why we won't be seeing Martinez anywhere near this division Froch would brutalize him i would like to see him face kessler and someone mentioned cleverly but that would be a step back in my opinion pavlik would get brutlized aswell i say froch should go for kessler,pascal and then a last shot at ward and then retire job done ATG Calzaghe WHO ?
          Martinez is already a junior middle kicking ass at 160. He really has nothing to prove at 168 and above, but, even so, if he did move up, he'd box circles around Froch. Froch is showing himself to be a reliable gate keeper, but too many people mistake that role with ATG. The Cobra takes on all comers and keeps out the pretenders, but he cannot beat the true elite in this sport. Maravilla, even giving up size and age, is part of the elite. We already know what happens when Froch tries his stuff against Ward. The notion that he would now reverse that outcome because he's exposed Bute is just silliness.

Comment

• Froch would beat Martinez, no doubt in my mind about that. Martinez can't fight 12 rounds at a decent pace, against Barker and Macklin he allowed them into the fight and then stepped it up when it mattered. Froch would make him fight every second of every round, I don't think he can do it. Froch would stop him. Plus Martinez is well overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Froch may do better as he does adjust, but so will Ward. They've both "seen" each other now. I feel Dirrell does deserve a shot. He battered AA and i personally felt he beat Froch.

That or Froch vs Pavlik, or a Froch vs Kessler rematch (very fun fight)
              Pavlik and Froch is the fight I want to see. I think Froch would beat him, maybe even easily, but I don't believe he would walk through Pavlik's straight shots the way he did Bute's. Man I'll bet Pavlik is sick he didn't fight Bute before he was exposed. Not that he would have won so easily but that fight sure isn't worth a million bucks now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                How did you watch the fight Kev? I still don't understand why Showtime didn't televise it

Where can I catch the replay at, any idea?
                You can come catch the replay at my place of course. You know this.

Comment

• Bute fell apart real fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Maybe I'm crazy but I think Bute - Ward would be more competitive than this was. Just style wise. Bute was countering beautifully and catching him clean...it's just Froch has a damn CHIN. Not many at 168 take that many clean counter lefts from Bute and not even flinch. Testament to Froch. Froch would eat a huge left on his way in every time. Froch manned the eff up an just beast mode'd Bute.
                    he manned up? has he been cowering with his tail between his legs at any point? Froch did was Froch does. Come to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
                      Froch would beat Martinez, no doubt in my mind about that. Martinez can't fight 12 rounds at a decent pace, against Barker and Macklin he allowed them into the fight and then stepped it up when it mattered. Froch would make him fight every second of every round, I don't think he can do it. Froch would stop him. Plus Martinez is well overrated.
                      Froch is too slow.

Comment

Working...
                      X