Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Latest PBC on Fox A Smash Hit In The Ring... But Not In the Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
    Lol so dumb. "Hey the guy whose wife had cancer is fighting tonight!"

And that's even ignoring the fact that Guerrero hasn't fought on HBO since 2011.

Hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      As I said in another thread, people don't know what they want.

First it's complaints about Floyd's style being boring and distance fights and premature stoppages.

Then we get a card where there's consistent, beautiful action and people complain.

Casuals.
      Has anyone actually complained about the fights themselves? Outside of some decisions by the judges/refs, it seems like everyone enjoyed the FOX and SHO cards. The ratings discussions happen after every single boxing card now, and it usually has nothing to do with how people actually feel about the fights.

Comment

I watched and I enjoyed it but that is the state of boxing in America the fans and the viewership are so FICKLE you can market well and you can put on the best fights and that won't guarantee the numbers

Given these numbers from PBC, HBO and Showtime which are so up and down but mostly down, I see why they keep asking Mayweather to comeback. It is just nothing interesting happening in the sport to get casuals to tune and to talk Boxing

Comment

It was an awesome awesome card. I just honestly hope something changes, IDK exactly what, but **** boxing has to turn the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
            I am sure most casuals who watched the fight last night enjoyed it, doesn't change the fact that the ratings are what they are. It's entertaining to see the usual Haymon fanboys doing mental gymnastics to justify the ratings. The ratings aren't very good, and it's easy to see why.
            Not easy to me. Not at all.

It doesn't make sense that the PPVs pull bigger numbers than the free shows. It doesn't.

My guess: The PBC marketing machine has largely failed. Most are aware of the big networks only. I know when I was younger, all I had to think about was ESPN, HBO and Showtime.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Has anyone actually complained about the fights themselves? Outside of some decisions by the judges/refs, it seems like everyone enjoyed the FOX and SHO cards. The ratings discussions happen after every single boxing card now, and it usually has nothing to do with how people actually feel about the fights.

It's not the fights themselves, no. But most casuals have no idea who any of the guys were that fought last night outside of MAYBE Andre Berto - and he isn't nearly the draw he was years ago.

The British cards always seem to pull good numbers, so maybe it's just 'Muricans that are the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              jesus Christ you guys come up with every excuse in the world lol
              I wouldn't expect a simple mutha****a like you to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                It was an awesome awesome card. I just honestly hope something changes, IDK exactly what, but **** boxing has to turn the corner.
                i know what its going to take to save boxing. having edwin rodriguez being ko'd on every single boxing card. its a tough task but i know he can do it.

Comment

I blame this on Haymon. The guy is so busy getting his guys the "bums for big bucks" that he has alienated boxing fans. It also doesn't help that the guy seems to have no idea what he is doing. The audience for boxing exists, it's just not being delivered a product they like.

First thing i would do is concentrate on putting on a good product. Stop overpaying guys for fighting bums. Once I have a good product the second step is to consistently put on a good product in one place. The guy has deals with so many networks that one doesn't even know where the product is going to air. Finally continue having the best fighting the best. No one will want to see mismatches when with a 1 min google search they can see if their favorite boxer is fighting a bum or not.

Take notice Mr. Haymon, or you will soon be out of a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                    But you're the same dude arguing that Guerrero's (who also was 'easily dismantled' by Mayweather) PBC numbers were partially inflated due to his 'fanbase' from HBO running his wife's 'feel good story' of battling (and winning against) cancer?

Come on, bruh. Just stop right now.
                    So you're going to say that these networks don't talk about his wifes battle with cancer?

Oh, ok. I guess the segment on Showtime doesn't exist either.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      jesus Christ you guys come up with every excuse in the world lol
                      Don't forget, they have also been showing the new Vacation movie too. Plus, there was the last rounds of the nfl draft. Now you know that had some impact.

Comment

Working...
                      X