Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Latest PBC on Fox A Smash Hit In The Ring... But Not In the Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
    Being considered a 'lesser fighter' than the #1 P4P fighter doesn't mean folks won't watch you.

Mayweather also 'easily dismantled' Canelo too, who seems to still draw folks. Cotto has been wrecked many times, yet is still an attraction. Hell, even Gatti could sell tickets after all the times he got destroyed.

Not sure your theory works.
    Those guys already have large fansbases though.

Berto and Ortiz do not.

But I guess you don't know the difference of fighters with a fanbase, and those without.

Comment

Why on this site when it's a HBo card they always mention peak but with PBC they go avg ? It doesn't give a fair representation of the #s

Wonder what the peak was ? that seems allright considering they had 1/2 hr of filler to end the show. Berto / Ortuz is either the 2nd or 3rd most watched fight this year , That card was the most entertaining this year

Friday & Sqturday was a good weekend of boxing probably the best this year

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
        Those guys already have large fansbases though.

Berto and Ortiz do not.

But I guess you don't know the difference of fighters with a fanbase, and those without.
        But you're the same dude arguing that Guerrero's (who also was 'easily dismantled' by Mayweather) PBC numbers were partially inflated due to his 'fanbase' from HBO running his wife's 'feel good story' of battling (and winning against) cancer?

Come on, bruh. Just stop right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          There was also the WhiteHouse corespondents dinner. The ratings could've been better but the early KOs helped. FOX ran a lot more ads during this broadcast than a normal PBC event. Which is good for the PBC. A better rating would mean that FOX could charge more for the airtime but it was still a great night for everyone involved.
          jesus Christ you guys come up with every excuse in the world lol

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
            That was one of the most exciting all around boxing cards I seen in a while.
            Very true.

However, PBC should take note about its technical failure for lighting during the Berto Ortiz rounds.. There was disgusting low light shadow cast over the Ortiz and Berto bout. From a technical and professional standard it failed and looked amateur. Next time around they need to ensure key lights in the stadium. If I wasnt a boxing fan Id easily flip the channel. Couldn't even make out skin tones at times...imagine baseball games with no key lighting when the sun starts to set.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Is the ratings that you feel are in line with other sports the only reason that you feel quite sure about PBC getting a TV deal better than anyone suspects?

I don't think anyone has done anything on this scale in sports so while I'm always rooting for boxing idk if I'm as confident as you they can pick up a deal. I know TUF was a product the UFC put ~$10M into that was parlayed into a TV deal, but obviously that wasn't as big of a risk for the UFC or as much risk for Spike since they didn't need THAT much money to pick it up.
              Well the fact that it is sports is why, and the ratings are fine for what it is. A network could easily see the opportunity to make it their own and push it further than it currently is so the potential is still there.

MLS does garbage rating that have basically stagnated for years and they don't even have commercials during the games (before, halftime and after) they have those little boxes with sponsors and jersey sponsors. The league as a whole still really doesn't turn a profit 20 years in.

It won't be enough to make it a profitable business though because they have miles and miles to go but they will get one I have absolutely no doubt.

Comment

Great card last night...who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                  But you're the same dude arguing that Guerrero's (who also was 'easily dismantled' by Mayweather) PBC numbers were partially inflated due to his 'fanbase' from HBO running his wife's 'feel good story' of battling (and winning against) cancer?

Come on, bruh. Just stop right now.
                  Lol so dumb. "Hey the guy whose wife had cancer is fighting tonight!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                    Man, who cares?

We saw some of the best fights we've seen all year. We have 4 exciting KO's.

What kind of fan are you?
                    As I said in another thread, people don't know what they want.

First it's complaints about Floyd's style being boring and distance fights and premature stoppages.

Then we get a card where there's consistent, beautiful action and people complain.

Casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      As I said in another thread, people don't know what they want.

First it's complaints about Floyd's style being boring and distance fights and premature stoppages.

Then we get a card where there's consistent, beautiful action and people complain.

Casuals.
                      I am sure most casuals who watched the fight last night enjoyed it, doesn't change the fact that the ratings are what they are. It's entertaining to see the usual Haymon fanboys doing mental gymnastics to justify the ratings. The ratings aren't very good, and it's easy to see why.

Comment

Working...
                      X