Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think a time-travel machine is possible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
    i didn't know that uncle...

the paradoxes that could occur (time travelling) are truly head-scratching...

what i do know is that godel derived equations from einstein's work that permits time travel... (i forgot the source where i got that though)...
    Great minds, you know.

Wow! that's a mathematical giant right there. In 1905 an obscure employee of a patent office in Germany Einstein shook the foundation of physics, based on the accepted conventional foundation conceived by Newton who is at least the # 3 ATG mathematician. when he published his special theory of relativity which astoundingly declare that e=mc^2.

In 1931, an obscure mathematician Godel (the o is the german letter with dual dots over hence it is pronounced as gordel) in Germany shook the foundation of mathematics, which has just recently been repaired by many mathematicians among the notable of which is Bertrand Russell (yes the same russell many atheists here idloize) after some serious doubts about it's logical foundation, when he published his incompleteness principle which says, "there are problems that are unsolvable".

Einstein and Godel both escaped nazi germany and both went to Princeton where they became good friends. The older Einstein who rarely invited people to his home, invited Gordel many times and they were fond of walking together in the university.

Godel derived from Einstein general relativity's field equation the so called Godel Metric which says that space time curvature is closed (circular) so there is no earlier or later and that the universe is rotating.

It was proven later that the universe is expanding and not rotating but there maybe regions in the universe with closed space-time.

I wanted to write more but I want to drink beer hehe.

Comment

nah not possible u trippin b1tch

Comment

I'd say probably not. It depends on whether time is Newtonian or Kantian in nature.

Comment

I have a time Machine with out all the extras. It only goes forward.

One second at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
            Stephen Hawking once said this: Einstein's general theory of relativity seems to offer the possibility that we could warp space-time so much that we could travel back in time. However, it is likely that warping would trigger a bolt of radiation that would destroy the spaceship and maybe the space-time itself. I have experimental evidence that time travel is not possible.

Aint't it fascinating if this technology would be invented in the future?
            i wish it would be invented

i would go back to the night Timothy Bradley fought Brandon Rios just to hear Teddy Atlas' scintillating firemen monologue

and hopefully the camera's catch a glimpse of the rock hard erection in my pants

Comment

i watch this video at least 12 days x week

at least 62% of those views are me

Comment

Impossible. Time doesnt exist. Clocks do.

So i've heard

Comment

Originally posted by r i z View Post
                  i watch this video at least 12 days x week

at least 62% of those views are me
                  Lmaaaaaaoooooooooooooo

Timmay was not motivated one bit by that.

He should have stayed with Joel. They had more chemistry.

Comment

i mean think of it like this

if someone in our future already invented time travel they could have screwed us already

by messing up with butterflies in the past...

going back in time aint possible
                    going forward in time? maybe

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                      Lmaaaaaaoooooooooooooo

Timmay was not motivated one bit by that.

He should have stayed with Joel. They had more chemistry.
                      When I hear Teddy's name, I remember the hyperbole laden "Fight Night 3" on xbox 360

at first i thought timmy had the "eye of the tiger", now i don't know anymore... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X