No announcement yet.

I'm still puzzled as to how Floyd managed to retire undefeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
    For a guy with all those talents he should have some memorable performances and shouldn't have resulted yo being a PED cheat but he conned the public the good thing not everyone brought what he sold ..And you couldn't hit the nail harder atg's don't chose the path of least resistance ! But his fans will try to argue other wise I mean some people actually think Gatti was a hard fight for him
    He actually has a memorable performance, when he knocked out Victor Ortiz after a break

Actually Maidana was a cherry pick gone totally wrong. With all that hugging that he did to prevent Maidana to counter. If it wasn't Bayless or Floyd in the ring that night. That's an automatic DQ.

The guy has too many holes.
    Last edited by Spoon23; 11-20-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by niceguy45 View Post
      here is a list of fighters that should of been on that resume that would possibly be a no brainer for floyd's ATG

-casamayor @130
      -freitas @135
      -williams @147lbs
      -margarito @147lbs
      -mayorga @ 147lbs
      -forrest @ 147lbs prior to mayorga KO
      Mosley at 135 back in 98/99 would've been sweet, but there wasn't much of a window there before Shane jumped up to 147. Undefeated Cotto back in early 08 woulda been great but Floyd chose retirement instead. Those 2, Margarito and Williams are the 4 fights I'd like to have seen, maybe Tszyu back in 04/05. Still a pretty phenomenal resume by Floyd over 5 weight classes, with only a few fights that were even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        He actually has a memorable performance, when he knocked out Victor Ortiz after a break

Actually Maidana was a cherry pick gone totally wrong. With all that hugging that he did to prevent Maidana to counter. If it wasn't Bayless or Floyd in the ring that night. That's an automatic DQ.

The guy has too many holes.
        Ah yes I did forget how he knocked down the tree but I didn't blame him for that one bit .. Ortiz was an idiot

Comment

• Upsets happen to every fighter, it happens even against the seemingly worst fighters, cherrypicks gone wrong, journeymen, tune ups, fighting for too long. Upsets happen one way or the other. But it never happend to Floyd. Floyd never lost to the Hall of Famers, the ATG's, #1 guys, the #2 guys, the #3 guys, the #4 guys, the #5 guys, the WBC champs, the Ring champs, the WBA champs, the WBO champs, the IBF champs, the journeymen, the so called cherrypicks, the tune ups. Nobody beat Floyd and you could try to criticize all you want, in the end nobody beat him in a sport where anyone can lose at anytime even against terrible opposition. they just gotta slip once in training camp or in the ring and they lose. Floyd never slipped. Never slipped through 5 weight classes

Ask Torrecampo and Singsurat. Ask Marquez how he was cherrypicked and won by KO. Ask Sergio Martinez how he cherrypicked Cotto and lost. Go watch Margarito duck Paul Williams rematch, to fight an aging Mosley coming off a poor performance against Mayorga, and Marg got brutalized and upset by TKO easily. Go see how many people gave Maidana a chance against Broner. This list goes on.

Unless the person is clearly taking advantage of smaller, weaker fighters, avoiding good divisions and clearly not taking risks, there is no need to bash Floyd. He took risks, he was outweighed by 10-15 pounds in the ring for most of his major fights. Fighters now taking shorcuts, fighting no names and smaller fighters, taking no risks, getting praised for KO's. Like Floyd didn't score 21KO's in 27 fights in his first weight class. Almost 80% KO rate at SFW. He climbed up 25 total pounds, of course he'll become more defensive. Let's see these fighters scoring KO's left in right in one weight class, move up 7, 14, 25lbs and still be a come forward KO artist like in their debut weight class. Yeah, who cares big deal, Floyd was a wrecking machine too. I think the bulk of the hate comes from him not getting KO's.

Comment

• cherrypicking, robbing jlc and riding a needle maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by saint laurent
              Spoon -

You continue to post false information. 750ml is NOT illegal for NSAC. Facts are facts. Please stop lying.

Here is why the IV was against the rules of the NSAC:

1. USADA granted Mayweather a TUE when they had no capacity to do that. Only the NSAC can do it and they acknowledged this with a statement in the article.

2. Mayweather took an IV at home and not in a medical facility, and the total contents was 750 ml. The only allowable IV use is 50 ml in a 6 hour period, and has to be done in a medical facility.

Even if he followed the allowable limit, 50 ml every 6 hours in a 24 hour period equals 200 ml. Mayweather took 750 ml in one sitting. That is a system flush.

It is a big deal. IVs are used to masks peds and only NSac can allow it. Usada for some strange reason alllowed it. Shady written all over it.

The protocol is no injections unless it's under 50ml every 6 hours or for emergency. Floyd took 250 ml and 500 ml at once the night before the fight.mmmmm

That's the most disturbing part. Reeks of corruption. The strange part was that NSAC was furious at USADA for even granting the therapeutic use exemption. They claim only they can grant it in Nevada.

More specifically, the 2015 WADA Prohibited Substances and Methods List states, Intravenous infusions and/or injections of more than 50 ml per 6 hour period are prohibited except for those legitimately received in the course of hospital admissions, surgical procedures, or clinical investigations.

This prohibition is in effect at all times that the athlete is subject to testing. It exists because, in addition to being administered for the purpose of adding specific substances to a persons body, an IV infusion can dilute or mask the presence of another substance that is already in the recipients system or might be added to it in the near future.

NSAC Bennett: "As far as USADA, I was extremely disappointed that I wasn't notified right away (about Mayweather receiving an IV). When it comes to TUE, we are the sole agency that approves the administering of TUEs. USADA, nor any other anti-doping agency that does drug testing, doesn't have the authority to adminster a TUE.

"The bottom line is USADA didn't keep us informed, which is totally unacceptable and unprofessional."

17 days is when Floyd filed the exemption papers. 18 days is when USADA granted Floyd his exemption. 19 days is when NSAC and Team Pacquiao found out.

You can't retroactively get permission to do something that was already done.

If that was the case then Pac should have just got a pain killer injection in the shoulder in the bathroom and just have said he was taking a deuce, then three weeks after he knocked out Floyd, get an exemption for the shot he got without permission because it wasn't illegal from the beginning.

Makes no f@cking sense now does it?

It's a double standard and that shouldn't fly.

The commission are pieces of bias sh%ts.

Not to mention the toradol shot pacquiao requested is legal under usada guidelines. Their excuse was the request was not filed within sufficient time...but mayweather gets a retroactive exemption (meaning after the event has already taken place) for therapeutic use. How is this getting lost on people?
              Last edited by Spoon23; 11-20-2015, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Lol @ you trying to have a rational argument with spoon.
                for a guy who says Pac was guilty of Peds because his head is big as a pumpkin, i would not even bother rationalizing with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                  Ah yes I did forget how he knocked down the tree but I didn't blame him for that one bit .. Ortiz was an idiot
                  2 idiots doesn't make it right. If Floyd was truly a sportsman and had wanted to give the fans their money's worth he would have fought victor Ortiz mano-i-mano till the end, and not that lame cheap shot.

If he fought and showed how to beat Ortiz the right way, he could have swayed more boxing fans to appreciate him instead he always chose to cheat, take advantage of the loop holes of the game.
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 11-20-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    Mosley at 135 back in 98/99 would've been sweet, but there wasn't much of a window there before Shane jumped up to 147. Undefeated Cotto back in early 08 woulda been great but Floyd chose retirement instead. Those 2, Margarito and Williams are the 4 fights I'd like to have seen, maybe Tszyu back in 04/05. Still a pretty phenomenal resume by Floyd over 5 weight classes, with only a few fights that were even close.
                    People seem to ignore that floyd called out casamayor and Freitas at 130, tszyu when he was top dog at 140 and mosley and hatton way before he fought them...and that arum didn't want to risk cotto agsinst him. People did not want to fight this guy til he became a star. I'm not the biggest floyd fan but I've been following the sport for nearly his whole career...i remember how it was before everyone hated the guy and said anything to discredit him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rath View Post
                      for a guy who says Pac was guilty of Peds because his head is big as a pumpkin, i would not even bother rationalizing with you.
                      Still hurt? He also tryed to avoid drug testing at all cost. I've been watching pac since he was a one dimensional reckless left hand puncher with a regular sized head...i saw the metamorphosis and just call it like i see it. It's cute how you stick up for your bf spoon tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X