Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen "breadman" Edwards gives his take on the Pac/JMM PED contraversy.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
    suspicion for pac is no where near the same level as marquez...ped accusations against pac didn't start until floyd started pointing fingers, and plus pac later agreed to testing with no cut off date (of course it was somewhat suspicious that he didn't agree initially)...ped accusations for marquez started once he hired a known ped dealer/guru/chemist and as a result looked bigger/more muscular than ever and on top of that displayed monstrous punching power and all of this happening at age 39.
    Pacquiao has never agreed to any form of random blood testing. Saying that he will agree to random testing in the media means absolutely nothing. He's said a lot of different things, just because he says something doesn't make it true. If he signs a contract that says he will submit to random blood testing then you can say that he has agreed to those form of tests. Until then, you're just blowing smoke.

The point remains, you sound like a hypocrite. Save the excuses. The Mayweathers aren't all powerful. Don't blame people being suspicious of Pacquiao on them. Pacquiao walking away from the Mayweather fight in '09 because he didn't want to submit to stricter testing did more to make people suspicious of him than the Mayweathers' ever could. You can say what you want about Marquez, but he hasn't refused to submit to stricter testing. Evidently Team Pacquiao weren't that concerned about him taking PEDs because they didn't take Marquez up on his offer to take random blood testing. Or maybe Pacquiao just had something to hide himself, who knows?
    Originally posted by hectari View Post
    The article is only Garbage to floyd fans, and Pac haters.

not rational boxing fans

If anything the Floyd fans should attack Marquez the same way they did or do pacman, but they don't because it shows they don't really care unless it concerns Pacquiao fighting Floyd.
    Marquez hasn't refused to submit to stricter testing you nitwit. Pacquiao was "attacked" for walking away from the most anticipated fight of the last 10-15 years because he refused to submit to random blood testing. You're nowhere near rational dude, you're a fanboy. The article is garbage, a essay filled with weak justifications for having double standards. It's cowrdly as well, he couldn't stand behind the fact that he's obviously implying that Marquez is dirty. Article is sucker ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      Pacquiao has never agreed to any form of random blood testing. Saying that he will agree to random testing in the media means absolutely nothing. He's said a lot of different things, just because he says something doesn't make it true. If he signs a contract that says he will submit to random blood testing then you can say that he has agreed to those form of tests. Until then, you're just blowing smoke.
      he did... he later agreed to the extra testing that floyd wanted him to do and then the issue became about money. yes he didn't agree initially, and yes it does look bad on his part. but the truth is it was a rare request that came out of the blue...and pac felt that having his blood drawn too close to the fight would affect his performance. looking back was it the right decision for him to make? no...but he later agreed to the extra testing with no cut off.

The point remains, you sound like a hypocrite. Save the excuses. The Mayweathers aren't all powerful. Don't blame people being suspicious of Pacquiao on them. Pacquiao walking away from the Mayweather fight in '09 because he didn't want to submit to stricter testing did more to make people suspicious of him than the Mayweathers' ever could. You can say what you want about Marquez, but he hasn't refused to submit to stricter testing. Evidently Team Pacquiao weren't that concerned about him taking PEDs because they didn't take Marquez up on his offer to take random blood testing. Or maybe Pacquiao just had something to hide himself, who knows?
      i believe pac's team did want to do extra testing for the 4th marquez fight but it was turned down by top rank/arum...

but is it slightly suspicious that pac initially turned down the request of doing extra testing with no cut off? yah sure...but does marquez hiring a known ped dealer/guru/chemist to be his conditioning coach and as a result showing incredible and almost close to impossible results look more suspicious? HELL YES....

but let me ask you this...are you even the slightest bit suspicious of marquez given the circumstances of his transformation after hiring a known ped chemist/guru?

it's just as bad having people who supported floyd's quest for stricter testing and crucifying pac and attacking him for using peds to not even be suspicious of marquez....if pac hired a known ped dealer/chemist/guru to be his conditioning coach then you'd see endless threads on this topic..
      Last edited by Bermuda; 01-14-2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

threads like this show fan boys true colors. all of the sudden stricter testing had to happen. gtfoh with that s hit

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

And Floyd only said he would fight PAcquiao to Fight Hype so we are supposed to take his word for it but not Pacquiao?

JMM saying he will take random testing doesnt mean crap, lance armstrong, marion jones both said it, Pacquiao never said he wouldnt take random testing he just had a superstitious belief that if he takes it too close to the fight it would weaken him, and dont come back saying that was a made up excuse, I know it sounds laughable, but the guy said that in 2005 way before his fight discussion with Floyd, so you cant really get at Pacman, the only truth here is Floyd didnt want to fight Manny and Arum didnt want to put Manny in with Floyd.

The point remains, you sound like a hypocrite. Save the excuses. The Mayweathers aren't all powerful. Don't blame people being suspicious of Pacquiao on them. Pacquiao walking away from the Mayweather fight in '09 because he didn't want to submit to stricter testing did more to make people suspicious of him than the Mayweathers' ever could. You can say what you want about Marquez, but he hasn't refused to submit to stricter testing. Evidently Team Pacquiao weren't that concerned about him taking PEDs because they didn't take Marquez up on his offer to take random blood testing. Or maybe Pacquiao just had something to hide himself, who knows?Marquez hasn't refused to submit to stricter testing you nitwit. Pacquiao was "attacked" for walking away from the most anticipated fight of the last 10-15 years because he refused to submit to random blood testing. You're nowhere near rational dude, you're a fanboy. The article is garbage, a essay filled with weak justifications for having double standards. It's cowrdly as well, he couldn't stand behind the fact that he's obviously implying that Marquez is dirty. Article is sucker ****.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            he did... he later agreed to the extra testing that floyd wanted him to do and then the issue became about money. yes he didn't agree initially, and yes it does look bad on his part. but the truth is it was a rare request that came out of the blue...and pac felt that having his blood drawn too close to the fight would affect his performance. looking back was it the right decision for him to make? no...but he later agreed to the extra testing with no cut off.
            Nope. Pacquiao telling the media that he will agree to random testing doesn't mean anything. Pacquiao and Arum can tell the media anything that they want. His word means nothing. Pacquiao has not agreed to extra testing, he's only told the media that he is willing to. When he signs a contract that says he will submit to extra testing, then you can that he has agreed. Until then, it's just talk.

i believe pac's team did want to do extra testing for the 4th marquez fight but it was turned down by top rank/arum...
            How convenient is it to have Arum be the scapegoat? You would think that Pacquiao works for Arum instead of the other way around. Look man, I understand that Pacquiao comes across as a nice humble warrior who just wants to fight the best, but stop being so naive. If Pacquiao wanted to have extra testing for the Marquez fight then he could have gotten extra testing for the Marquez fight.

but is it slightly suspicious that pac initially turned down the request of doing extra testing with no cut off? yah sure...but does marquez hiring a known ped dealer/guru/chemist to be his conditioning coach and as a result showing incredible and almost close to impossible results look more suspicious? HELL YES....

but let me ask you this...are you even the slightest bit suspicious of marquez given the circumstances of his transformation after hiring a known ped chemist/guru?

it's just as bad having people who supported floyd's quest for stricter testing and crucifying pac and attacking him for using peds to not even be suspicious of marquez....if pac hired a known ped dealer/chemist/guru to be his conditioning coach then you'd see endless threads on this topic..
            Yes, I'm definitely suspicious of Marquez at this point. I actually believe that Marquez has been on something for the last 2 Pacquiao fights. There's certainly reason to be suspicious of Marquez. I don't blame him though. I think that Pacquiao has been dirty off and on since probably '08. I feel that Marquez realized that he was being cheated in the ring and on the scorecards and decided to try and even the playing field. This is karma in my opinion.

As far as Mayweather fans being hypocrites because they aren't attacking Marquez like they did Pacquiao. Like I've said, Marquez has not refused to submit to extra testing. Pacquiao was blasted because he refused to submit to more stringent testing. I think that plenty of people are suspicious of Marquez, but as long as the man is willing to subject himself to stricter testing when asked then there's no reason to blast him.

Comment

Pac turned down extra testing (again) when JMM asked for them leading up to the fight. However they're urine test results came back the same! That's all that matters right?

So much irony.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                All Marquez has to do is refuse the blood testing for a potential future fight and it means that he is clean and Pac is dirty...that's how it worked with Manny
                THAT would be EPIC..... O so epic.

Comment

You know how I know the guy is a complete moron? He believed Marquez was on peds and didn't place a bet

You better believe if I hear someone is on peds I'm putting money on them.

Comment

Nope. Pacquiao telling the media that he will agree to random testing doesn't mean anything. Pacquiao and Arum can tell the media anything that they want. His word means nothing. Pacquiao has not agreed to extra testing, he's only told the media that he is willing to. When he signs a contract that says he will submit to extra testing, then you can that he has agreed. Until then, it's just talk.
                    well he couldn't sign anything because money later became the issue and thus further stalled the fight from happening...the fact is pac later agreed to the extra testing with no cut off... he didn't agree initially, but he eventually wised up and decided to make it clear to everyone that extra testing with no cut off was no longer an issue for him.

How convenient is it to have Arum be the scapegoat? You would think that Pacquiao works for Arum instead of the other way around. Look man, I understand that Pacquiao comes across as a nice humble warrior who just wants to fight the best, but stop being so naive. If Pacquiao wanted to have extra testing for the Marquez fight then he could have gotten extra testing for the Marquez fight.
                    i think there's more to it than that...i do remember that team pac asked for extra testing, but it was turned down.

Yes, I'm definitely suspicious of Marquez at this point. I actually believe that Marquez has been on something for the last 2 Pacquiao fights. There's certainly reason to be suspicious of Marquez. I don't blame him though. I think that Pacquiao has been dirty off and on since probably '08. I feel that Marquez realized that he was being cheated in the ring and on the scorecards and decided to try and even the playing field. This is karma in my opinion.
                    well imo marquez is far more suspicious than pacquiao considering marquez hired a known ped dealer/guru/chemist who has boasted about making 20 undetectable peds and about having a love for chemistry and helping athletes cheat....plus marquez's power and physical changes is shocking for a 39 year old..even nacho was surprised at how explosive and strong marquez was when they started camp for the 4th fight...marquez at 39 is knocking speed bags off their swivels, destroying sparring partners, squatting huge amount of weights, and putting pacquiao on the canvas twice in just 6 rounds, and all of this happening after he hired heredia...

As far as Mayweather fans being hypocrites because they aren't attacking Marquez like they did Pacquiao. Like I've said, Marquez has not refused to submit to extra testing. Pacquiao was blasted because he refused to submit to more stringent testing. I think that plenty of people are suspicious of Marquez, but as long as the man is willing to subject himself to stricter testing when asked then there's no reason to blast him.
                    if marquez is planning to continue fighting then he has to submit to all year round random testing because heredia himself has said that any boxer who plans to use his services has to submit to all year round testing. he said this in a USA Today article just before the 4th marquez fight...so how come marquez isn't doing all year round testing then? unless he plans on retiring....

Comment

oh the tards

Comment

Working...
                      X