Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are quillin & garcai the only non-mexican/african AMERICAN fighters on the big stage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Quillin is basically African American. His mom is American born in Chicago, his dad was criminal born in Cuba that only came to the US when Fidel kicked out all the criminals in prisons to the US who then went to prison again shortly after Peter was born. Peter was raised in Grand Rapids, MI by his mother and his dad was rarely around until later in his life.
    nah bruh,i can clearly see he has some cuban in him and he claims cuba so thats up to him if he wants to define himself to that,just like cotto is american but he claims purto rican all the way
    Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    Looking at the boxrec P4P list for the US they have Thurman at #1 lolwut. Is his background just black and white or something else as well? Sadam Ali isn't quite big stage yet but is from a Yemeni family.
    yup sadam ali is another one,not sure about thurman,obviously he is american with biracial paranets

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
      i think its safe to say that most of the great american boxers these days come from mexican and africnan american backgrounds,however i want to know where all the NON-mexican/african AMERICAN boxers are at??? list the ones u can think of. Help me complile a list of american boxers who arent from a mexican or african backgorund,

all I can think of at the moment are:

1. danny garcia (purto rican-american)
      2. peter quillin (cuban-american)
      3. nonito donaire (fillippino-american)
      4. vanes martirosan?? (armenian-american???)

techniclly u can add miguel cotto to since he was born in the USA but he doesnt identify as american so its whatever,

WTF is a Puerto Rican-American? Puerto Ricans ARE Americans you geographical illiterate idiot. Besides, Danny was born and raised in the states and can't speak Spanish for s_hit so he's American.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
        WTF is a Puerto Rican-American? Puerto Ricans ARE Americans you geographical illiterate idiot. Besides, Danny was born and raised in the states and can't speak Spanish for s_hit so he's American.
        no,hes american but claims his puerto rican roots,thus hes puerto rican american,read post #6 before you post stupid **** in my thread,peasant alt

Comment

no,hes american but claims his puerto rican roots,thus hes puerto rican american,read post #6 before you post stupid **** in my thread,peasant alt
          I ain't reading s_hit you dummy

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
            I ain't reading s_hit you dummy
            yea,you can leave now you peasant

Comment

........../////////

Comment

We all come from somewhere. Hopefully this thread is a celebration of American diversity!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  We all come from somewhere. Hopefully this thread is a celebration of American diversity!!!
                  i welcome diversity unless it comes to rap music,i dont **** with some of these dudes out here....

Comment

i welcome diversity unless it comes to rap music,i dont **** with some of these dudes out here....
                    Interesting! But I get it. But am conflicted on this. Rap is not an exclusively black America creation. People have always told tales with music. Sure it is an expanding art, in Mexico they have Songs discussing in detail how people were actually beheaded. Not talking studio gangsters, real villains putting it down, their own stories. Drums & beats are a universal global phenonenum.

But if you are talking about emulating the American style of rap....

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      Interesting! But I get it. But am conflicted on this. Rap is not an exclusively a black America creation. People have always told tales with music. Sure it is an expanding art, in Mexico they have Songs discussing in detail how people were actually beheaded. Not talking studio gangsters, real villains putting it down, their own stories. Drums & beats are a universal global phenonenum.

But if you are talking about emulating the American style of rap....
                      yes,american style

there are sum i can get down to, like eminem(only a select few songs) and some of b-real's old content but thats about it

Comment

Working...
                      X