No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Honestly, I was expecting something very different from Gloves are off.
    I was thinking Fury had better of Wlad, make him look uncomfortable or something.. People were saying this for weeks.
    I didn't see any of that!

Wlad was composed, calmed and measured as always. Fury was the one who was hyped trying to put across some questionable points (like the sauna thing...)
    Wlad actually got to Tyson quite more with the Haye's comment when he said Haye would knock him out. Tyson was genially jittery, not pretending to be.

Whatever was the reason Wlad proposed the fight, this aint one!

IMO Wlad came across better. Wlad is a smart man, he knows how to play the games. I think proposing the fight was just to show that it is Wlad's show after all.
    I think Fury started out well and had Vlad a bit puzzled at least... but Vlad finished strong and won the conversation/mind games... And yes, Fury is definitely bipolar.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
      Cheers!

The sauna story, doe
      Wlad knew what was up.

Comment

• Wlad looked like he always looks cool and collected

Comment

I don't know, honestly I didn't see it that way. Wlad never was a big talker - partly because English is his 3rd language.

Wlad's "you don't know what you're talking about" was spot on, because Wlad knows how is it to be 25 or 35, Fury doesn't. When Johnny said he can still do whatever he did when he was 25 it didn't look good for Fury.

All the comments Wlad made were measured. I do think he looked the most comfortable he ever looked near Tyson. Tyson, IMO, talked much more, but not really giving the impression he is the most confident out of two. He was hyping himself up, Wlad didn't have to.

I really expected Tyson to do much better. He definitely didn't get the edge of any sort in this one.
          If that's what he meant, then he should have explained it. I don't think that was what he meant, and besides it isn't true regardless. Of course you can't do what you do when you're 40 as when you're 27. Johnny obviously didn't take sides, but he gave an interview when he retired at the age of 38 or something on Sky Sports saying he can't do what he did when he was younger. That's literally what he said.

Then he said he would maybe come back if it was against David Haye.

Remind me how many times Wlad has been injured leading up to a fight after 34 as before 34? It's a lot. So of course the body takes a lot of wear and tear and you're not as naturally fit.

I don't think Wlad really gave any measured responses. Which ones are you referring to? It was pretty silent from him and a lot of "You'll be taught" "you'll see" or "you don't know what you're talking about".

I don't know. I had hoped for a little more from both.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Wlad knew what was up.

I think he felt it awkward... So what if Fury 'outlasted him in a sauna'.

Comment

If that's what he meant, then he should have explained it. I don't think that was what he meant, and besides it isn't true regardless. Of course you can't do what you do when you're 40 as when you're 27. Johnny obviously didn't take sides, but he gave an interview when he retired at the age of 38 or something on Sky Sports saying he can't do what he did when he was younger. That's literally what he said.

Then he said he would maybe come back if it was against David Haye.

Remind me how many times Wlad has been injured leading up to a fight after 34 as before 34? It's a lot. So of course the body takes a lot of wear and tear and you're not as naturally fit.

I don't think Wlad really gave any measured responses. Which ones are you referring to? It was pretty silent from him and a lot of "You'll be taught" "you'll see" or "you don't know what you're talking about".

I don't know. I had hoped for a little more from both.
              - 'tyson believes he can stop a train with his head' - very similar when Haye said that it doesn't matter if you believe you can beat Bolt in 100m, you won't.. so it was spot on when it comes to Fury

- when he complemented fury on his movement (regarding his size), counter punching, but made the point there are many things he can't do.

Generally Wlad didn't talk a lot, but he was very measured IMO. Look at his body language and Fury's. Wlad is for sure calmer one.

and of course physically you can't do the same when you are 40 than when you are 25, but to say body will fail Wlad is just talking about 'something that you don't know'. so another good point.

Comment about Haye KOing Fury got to Fury more than anything that Fury was telling to Wlad.
              Last edited by Simurgh; 11-14-2015, 03:37 AM.

Comment

- 'tyson believes he can stop a train with his head' - very similar when Haye said that it doesn't matter if you believe you can beat Bolt in 100m, you won't.. so it was spot on when it comes to Fury

- when he complemented fury on his movement (regarding his size), counter punching, but made the point there are many things he can't do.

Generally Wlad didn't talk a lot, but he was very measured IMO. Look at his body language and Fury's. Wlad is for sure calmer one.

and of course physically you can't do the same when you are 40 than when you are 25, but to say body will fail Wlad is just talking about 'something that you don't know'. so another good point.

Comment about Haye KOing Fury got to Fury more than anything that Fury was telling to Wlad.
                Really? I thought it was really weird and Fury's response was exactly as it should be: "I don't think I can stop a moving train. But I think I can stop you".

Yeah he made the point, but he didn't say what. Fury on the other hand gave Wlad a lot of examples of what he does and doesn't do well.

I honestly thought Fury was way more relaxed. Wlad looked tense whilst Fury was smiling and laughing ocassionally.

Comment

Really? I thought it was really weird and Fury's response was exactly as it should be: "I don't think I can stop a moving train. But I think I can stop you".

Yeah he made the point, but he didn't say what. Fury on the other hand gave Wlad a lot of examples of what he does and doesn't do well.

I honestly thought Fury was way more relaxed. Wlad looked tense whilst Fury was smiling and laughing ocassionally.
                  I don't think it was weird. Look behind the ring (Fury-Haye). Haye made a very similar comment. It is about that sometimes it doesn't matter what you believe. There are facts - and the fact is if there is someone better than you he will beat you.

I can't agree. Wlad gave me an impression as his HR is around 40.. while Fury was a bit jittery shaking his leg half the interview. Well it is subjective.. but it is honestly how I saw it.

That laugh when Wlad said David would KO him was forced and a bit awkward and the comment obviously pissed him of, IMO.

One more thing - Wlad never really go too deep in discussing the abilities of his opponents. And I like that. IMO that's the champ's mentality. When you are the champ it is about you. Let the other analyse you and figure out what they need to do win the fight. Of course Wlad studies Fury, but no need to talk about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist_X View Post
                    Green K sent.

Comment

• Sounds like Fury has studied Wladimir in detail.

Still, he'll be surprised by the speed and powert of the champ come fight night.

Comment

Working...
                      X