Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
    oh man...

What is with these Fury fans who have gone full ****** saying the man is actually more skilled than Wlad? I know a few of you are mentally challenged, but really?

Anyway...retarted Fury fans aside. I see Klitschko pulling a Wach here, he boxes way better and looks way better against tall opponents, with the exception here being that Fury is NOT going to handle punishment like juiced up Wach did.

Wlad can't hug him and will have to fight him, and that's the worst thing that could happen for Fury.

Fury does not have the power to put Wlad away. Let's pretended that Fury scores a knockdown, there is no fackign way he actually KOs him. If Peter couldn't KO Wlad than how the feck is Fury going to?

Unless Wlad suddenly ages 5 years when he shows up to fight, this will be one of his more impressive performances. Fury will get knocked down a bunch of times, he will get up because he does have heart, confidence and the fighting spirit, but he just doesn't have IT.

I'm waiting to see him land his "butter smooth, skilled 6 punch combos" lmao......you Fury fans........good stuff thanks for the chuckle.
    It's partly a response to Wlad fans saying that Wlad is more skilled in every way to Fury, which is simply not true. Both men are capable of doing things the other cannot, which is what makes it an intriguing fight since there are chances for both men.

Your Wach comparison is laughable. Fury's not going to stand there taking punch after punch flush on the chin any more than Wlad's suddenly going to turn into a lanky Tyson and just destroy Fury in two rounds. We know what both men are going to bring, and given their recent performances it's likely to be a cagey affair and quite possibly an ugly fight.

If Fury can start to land the sorts of combos he was landing on Hammer then Wlad's in trouble, but more likely he'll stick to one or two punch combinations unless he feels he substantially getting the better of Wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
      I just watched wilders last fight again and was hugely unimpressed. he hit the dude with everything but the kitchen sink and still couldnt drop him. his punches were long and telegraphed. dont recall the opponent as being labled granite chinned so either wilder lost alot of his power or it wasnt all that great to begin with. I dont recall any durable opponents on wilders resume that hes stopped. can u imagine if that was wlad or even joshua landing all those clean shots on that dude? hed be in a coma
      Yes, I definitely agree.

I mean yes Stiverne has a great chin.. You don't wear big shots like Wilder threw and survive 2 fights with Arreola laying into you either without one. But he does have a KO loss to Demetrice King, a big guy and all that albeit. But for a guy in deep throes of Rhabdo to have worn all those shots whilst seriously depleted to begin with is telling.

Credit to KOing a good fighter in Scott too if that was legit but again, we can't gauge how hard Scotts chin was, it might be weak! He looks scrawny! There are good cases anyway that it may have been a dive.

The rest of his resume is total garbage and as you said, he fails to inflict the kind of damage to these bums you would expect from a serious puncher.

I've no doubt the power of Wlad or yes Joshua is well in excess than what Bum Squad could produce.

Wilder is the most manufactured boxer of the modern era beyond any comparison.

Comment

• Fury beats Wilder up imo. Beats him up pretty bloody good.

Wlad is doing the right thing by fighting the genuine stuff first, hype jobs second.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
          Don't think so. He only fought bums and he simply not on Wlad's level skill wise.

He 'zero' technique... Everybody knows that.

Wlad has 64 wins not because of his size but technical skills.

P.S. 40 Y.O. Wlad >>> Fury will ever be
          Yawn. Go away. You bring nothing to this discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
            Yawn. Go away. You bring nothing to this discussion.
            There's loads of these Wladimir zombies around. I don't think these people watch anyone else apart from Klitschko.

No idea why because Wladimir is the least charismatic guy I've ever seen, and he's certainly not entertaining in the ring either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
              It's partly a response to Wlad fans saying that Wlad is more skilled in every way to Fury, which is simply not true. Both men are capable of doing things the other cannot, which is what makes it an intriguing fight since there are chances for both men.

Your Wach comparison is laughable. Fury's not going to stand there taking punch after punch flush on the chin any more than Wlad's suddenly going to turn into a lanky Tyson and just destroy Fury in two rounds. We know what both men are going to bring, and given their recent performances it's likely to be a cagey affair and quite possibly an ugly fight.

If Fury can start to land the sorts of combos he was landing on Hammer then Wlad's in trouble, but more likely he'll stick to one or two punch combinations unless he feels he substantially getting the better of Wlad.
              Please don't make this type of comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                Yeah, fair enough comment.

Wlad. is a whole new mountain for Fury to approach.

Fury is a considerable underdog, and this is going to be a hell of a challenge for him.

I like Fury, but I am not really that partisan for this fight.

I have plenty of respect for Wladimer, as well.

No mistake, this is a huge step up in class for Fury.

I expect Fury to bring the fight more than Haye did, and to be less careless than Pulev.

I think Fury has good qualities, and I think he has a shot.

It is an uphill climb, but he has a true shot.

And no, Fury is not Wach.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  What comparison? I made a conditional statement with no mention of the probability of it happening. I didn't say he was going to do so or that it was likely to happen; in fact I stated quite the opposite.

But if Fury finds himself in a position where he's able to land the sorts of combos he was landing on Hammer then Wlad's in trouble. Same as if Wlad settles into his groove then Fury's in trouble. Nothing outrageous in either statement I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
                    LOL.

Wladimir is

#Olympic Gold Medalist of 1996 Atlanta

#Unified WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO, Ring Magazine and Lineal champion

#Champion for more than 10 years

#Future ATG

#Future Hall Of Fame

#PhD in Sport Science

Excellent post - really exemplifies the difference between the two.

Wladimir will flatten Fury in 6. Fury's paper chin won't hold up.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      Excellent post - really exemplifies the difference between the two.

Wladimir will flatten Fury in 6. Fury's paper chin won't hold up.
                      The real question is, will Fury do better than Wach

Comment

Working...
                      X