No announcement yet.

Cotto's footwork will be the key to future victories against larger men

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto's footwork will be the key to future victories against larger men

Did anyone pay attention to Cotto's footwork against Martinez? He was a lot more fluid and alive than ever before. Just as the key with Pacquiao's victories against the larger opponents, I think Roach is focusing on Cotto's footwork to out maneuver his opponents and always be in the proper position to throw a shot or counter a shot.
    If he's going to go into fights with less advantages in the Middleweight division, I think his footwork will be key to preventing a lot of opponents to touch him and do enough damage to beat him down. As long as he can hit, move, and keep throwing his combinations while staying a float, he'll be able to win decisions more so than anymore future KO's or stoppages.

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
    Did anyone pay attention to Cotto's footwork against Martinez? He was a lot more fluid and alive than ever before. Just as the key with Pacquiao's victories against the larger opponents, I think Roach is focusing on Cotto's footwork to out maneuver his opponents and always be in the proper position to throw a shot or counter a shot.
    If he's going to go into fights with less advantages in the Middleweight division, I think his footwork will be key to preventing a lot of opponents to touch him and do enough damage to beat him down. As long as he can hit, move, and keep throwing his combinations while staying a float, he'll be able to win decisions more so than anymore future KO's or stoppages.
    His footwork was on point. He was either set to throw or get out of the way of soemthing.

Comment

Working...
    X