No announcement yet.

Never understood hype around Fedor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
    Dana has done more for MMA than this entire forum combined.

Fedor clearly was very good and dominant but their will always be a question mark over his career. Beating Nog and cro cop is impressive but how impressive ? crocop has looked like **** for 10+ fights? Nog is rarely uninjured going into his fights. Arlokski was garbage at the point fedor fought him. Semmy schilt clearly didn't belong in MMA. then a long line of guys who didnt do jack **** in their careers worthy of note.
    Nog beat Couture.

Comment

Beating Crocop is not great for your resume. At that time CC best win swas against a roidhead like Barnett and a Saku who's a MW and he was even knocked out by Randleman.Fact Fedor best wins are against Tim and BigNog and it doesn't say anything.

Comment

That is just idiotic. Fedor, Cro Cop and Nogueira are widely considered the top 3 greatest heavyweights of the sport, and Fedor has beaten both of them in impressive fashion when they were at their absolute peak. Although Coleman was old, Fedor subbed him twice while on the bottom. Only Big Nog can make the same claim, it is very impressive to do that to a decent Coleman, his wrestling and strength always prevented that.

Look I agree that Fedor wasted a lot of his career beating low level competition and not going to the UFC. But there is no denying his earlier years. He earned his place in history. Although I put Anderson Silva above him.

Comment

Fedor is fat, bald and boring like most his fans. So they like to live vicariously through him cus it makes them feel better about being fat ****s.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
            Nog beat Couture.
            did you mistake me for someone who rated Couture? [at that time]

and it also backs up my point. when Nog showed up uninjured he was impressive, but most of the time he got beaten up and had to pull a win out of his hat
            Last edited by Zn1; 08-08-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by danafwhite View Post
              Fedor is fat, bald and boring like most his fans. So they like to live vicariously through him cus it makes them feel better about being fat ****s.
              funny ****

Comment

The reason why Fedor is special is because of his beatdowns of Nogueira.

If not for his losses to Fedor, Nogueira imo would be the greatest MMA fighter of all time. Nogueira has faced without question the hardest opposition of an heavyweight, and imo harder competition than nearly anyone else in the sport has faced. Other than Fedor, the only guys to beat him in his prime were Henderson and Barnett. Henderson imo should not have got that decision, and the Barnett fight could have gone either way.

Nogueira is actually a much more special fighter in the sports history than most people realise. He wasn't a destroyer but he nearly always found a way to pull out the win in a time when it was very easy to lose an MMA fight.

If you compile a general top 5 all time great list, for example:

1) Fedor
                2) Anderson
                3) GSP
                4) Hughes
                5) Nogueira

Only GSP and Fedor ever really beat down another top all time great fighter in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by sunthunder View Post
                  The reason why Fedor is special is because of his beatdowns of Nogueira.

If not for his losses to Fedor, Nogueira imo would be the greatest MMA fighter of all time. Nogueira has faced without question the hardest opposition of an heavyweight, and imo harder competition than nearly anyone else in the sport has faced. Other than Fedor, the only guys to beat him in his prime were Henderson and Barnett. Henderson imo should not have got that decision, and the Barnett fight could have gone either way.

Nogueira is actually a much more special fighter in the sports history than most people realise. He wasn't a destroyer but he nearly always found a way to pull out the win in a time when it was very easy to lose an MMA fight.

If you compile a general top 5 all time great list, for example:

1) Fedor
                  2) Anderson
                  3) GSP
                  4) Hughes
                  5) Nogueira

Only GSP and Fedor ever really beat down another top all time great fighter in their prime.
                  I'd say what Anderson did to Dan Henderson is a beatdown of another all time great fighter. So are his wins over Franklin although not as much. And did Fedor or GSP ever KO someone like Vitor Belfort? i.e. one of the greatest strikers ever who had not been ko'd in 13 years? Imo Anderson is easily #1.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                    I'd say what Anderson did to Dan Henderson is a beatdown of another all time great fighter. So are his wins over Franklin although not as much. And did Fedor or GSP ever KO someone like Vitor Belfort? i.e. one of the greatest strikers ever who had not been ko'd in 13 years? Imo Anderson is easily #1.
                    Did GSP ever get dominated the way Sonnen dominated Anderson for 99% of their fight? Did GSP ever get dominated and submitted by a guy like Takase?

GSP has dominated every fight that he's been in(exception first Penn fight). Even the 2 losses he had, he was controlling those fights till he got stopped. Not to mention he dominated some of the greatest ground fighters(Fitch, Hughes, Koscheck) at their own game. He even dominated Penn in the standup in their second fight and Penn is widely considered to have the best boxing and one of the best overall standup games in MMA.

I got GSP rated as the best all-time cuz even just based on his resume alone, he has beaten better comp than anyone else.

Comment

riight....i aint been following mma long only about maybe 3 or 4 months now and even i can tell you even if you watch fedor documentaries and see the ways in which he beat guys that were very close to beating him like for e.g. kevin randleman body slam that the documentary narrators were saying they were thinking that this was the first time a death in MMA was going to occur came back and also did so in many fights against great competition..

fedors opponents which he beat:

Mark Coleman (former ufc HW Champ)
                      Kevin Randleman (former ufc HW Champ)
                      Tim Sylvia (former ufc HW Champ)
                      Andrei Arlovski (former ufc HW Champ)
                      Mirko Filipovic (Legendary kickboxer and Pride grand prix winner)
                      Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
                      Ricardo Arona
                      Brett Rogers (was undefeated going in to the fedor fight)

fedor is overrated in his own ways by fans and media but with a fight opponents list like that and because he is coming off 3 straight losses to guys like werdum,silva and henderson who are all top competition guys after years being on top and you dont understand the hype since it is hard enough to stay on top in mma? cmon man

Comment

Working...
                      X