No announcement yet.

Maidana Beat up Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    from what i remember, khan's right leg did that funny twitch it does when he's about to get dropped. khan's chin may still be suspect but it's definitely improved. maidana just couldn't follow thru because of the exhaustion. that early body shot cost him the fight, imo. one solid body shot during that 10th round beatdown when amir was on the ropes could've sealed the deal. chino just kept throwing to the head!
    Definitely, but I think Khan bought that on hiself by dropping his guard deliberately. He could have boxed the whole fight but he called Maidana in.

Remember how many times he was up on the ropes, soaking it up?

That takes it out of you and its not standard practice unless you are trying to prove somethign or as part of a tactic, a la the Rumble, he took a lot of damage voluntarily.

That time he just stood there, took a truckload of punches, waited for Maidana to back off and just raised his hands in the air saying "BRING IT!" that sent shivers down my spine.

I was agog. Theres no other word.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
      Cortez didn't punch anybody but he stopped rabbit punches, roughhousing and elbows.

Thats what refs do.
      None of that happened.

Maidana lightly tapped cortez and he took a point off, when maidana clinched he seperated, when khan was about to get kayod he was hold on and cortez didnt do anything

cortez was paid off, pure GBP and HBO corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Cheney View Post
        None of that happened.

Maidana lightly tapped cortez and he took a point off, when maidana clinched he seperated, when khan was about to get kayod he was hold on and cortez didnt do anything

cortez was paid off, pure GBP and HBO corruption.
        I saw rabbit punches and an elbow.

Go watch the fight again you'll see them.

Take the bias shades off.

Comment

On a scorecard basis, Khan probably won. But taking the fight in as a whole I felt Maidana won. By the end, Khan looked clearly defeated despite his impressive performance in the early rounds. I always felt that the second half is more important that the first half of a fight if you to judge how good a fighter is.

Comment

Khan came worse off in the bout, no doubt. Maidana is underated though, he hits hard, it's just a shame nothing was in the tank after the 10'th round bombardment.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
              I saw rabbit punches and an elbow.

Go watch the fight again you'll see them.

Take the bias shades off.
              there was no such things.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
                Khan came worse off in the bout, no doubt. Maidana is underated though, he hits hard, it's just a shame nothing was in the tank after the 10'th round bombardment.
                its funny cause i was seeing the sky telecast and when victor ortiz got on his bike we was considered a idiot for not pushing for engagement but when khan got on his bike from rounds 11-12 we was considered tactically smart. bias crap if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nopartyforyou View Post
                  The most hurt besides that punch in the first round to the liver was his own exhaustion. Khan took a much worse beating than he did and Khan must of had allah helping him or something because he was hanging on by a thread for a long time.

But I'll give his chin more credit.
                  Maidana beat up Khan but he couldn't touch Joe Cortez. That mother****er is the worst referee in the sport. Didn't he ref Floyd vs. Hatton? I hate that dude.

Comment

Working...
                  X