Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bruce Lee, Pro Boxing Connection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bruce lee could of beat anyone if he put his mind to it because he believed he was a big thinker and not a small minded person that believed the word cant.

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
      bruce lee could of beat anyone if he put his mind to it because he believed he was a big thinker and not a small minded person that believed the word cant.
      Its not about simply putting your mind to it. Many fighters are big thinkers but lose.

Comment

P4P, the Rottweiler is the Ultimate fighting machine...stronger than the Akitta, and per square inch, has a greater bite force than, YES, even a jaw locking Pitt Bull. "BUT", 8 times out of 10..the Rottweiler loses to the agility and quickness of the "under the throat" lock of the Pitt Bull. another thing, a Leopard will tear up a Rottweiler (the ultimate fighting machine). A leopard will use his "Claws" and teeth. Which leads me to my next conclusion.

Bruce Lee, not only trained in the ways of the Martial Arts, but studied it and created his own style. To know the ways of the Art, you must also know every pressure point in the entire human body. Lee knew all of them. Behind the ear, behind the knee, wrist, elbow, temple, kidneys, arm pits....he knew them all. A man can be 200+ pounds pounds, but I will respectfully tell you that "ONE" quick thrust (open hand) in the solo plex, and the whole mechanism shuts down. Not only can't he take in air, but the brain to loses oxygen, and to put it laymen terms..."THE BIGGER THEY ARE"........

What Bruce Lee was saying...."You may be stronger than me...but one hit in the back of your neck, and I own you".

"You must empty your glass, and fill it with it with discipline".

- Bruce Lee.
        Last edited by guzi815; 03-08-2008, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Just 1 question. How great was Bruce Lee's CHIN? He can have everything in the world, but if he don't got a chin, 1 punch is all it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            Just 1 question. How great was Bruce Lee's CHIN? He can have everything in the world, but if he don't got a chin, 1 punch is all it takes.
            Who cares nobody ever came close to touching it lol

Comment

I'm no expert on the subject, but I think hitting him was quite a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                I'm no expert on the subject, but I think hitting him was quite a problem.
                Ya no doubt. I just had to be a dick and throw that in there. I love all Bruce Lee mythology and bs. It's good stuff. Not hating on the guy. He was a big thinker and that was mainly in part that he was philosopher.

Comment

Ya no doubt. I just had to be a dick and throw that in there. I love all Bruce Lee mythology and bs. It's good stuff. Not hating on the guy. He was a big thinker and that was mainly in part that he was philosopher.
                  He fought Ali, I think his chin migt not be TOO bad.

Comment

Bruce Lee could beat anyone in the world no matter what weight/height disadvantage in his movies no doubt about it.

Comment

First of all, Lee was 1/4 white. His grandmother was a missionary. Secondly, boxing, a sport, and fighting, e.g. anything goes, are 2 different animals completely. For one thing, the gloves protect the opponent and the fighter's hands. How many boxers can do 1-finger push-ups like Lee. With his speed, the eye gouge would be a primary weapon, as well as adding several inches to the length of his strike. In additon, also because of the gloves, boxers tend not to fight squarely, but rather with the jabbing hand shoulder forwards. The jab blinds or interrupts the flow, then the right punishes. And when the right shoulder is fully extended, the left is in position for a hook, etc. In real fighting, as anyone who has looked at the ungloved era knows, the stances were very much like Lee's first kung fu style, Wing Chun, in which the shoulders are squared off. This is because the ungloved and conditioned hand can do much more damage than the gloved hand, so lead strikes were more telling. Personally, I don't think Lee would have made a great boxer because the emphasis in martial arts is to finish the fight as quickly as possible. One of Lee's greatest disappointments was when he couldn't finish a fighter quickly. At his weight, under the rules of boxing, where holding on is common, I think he would have become frustrated very quickly. On the other hand, he was more dedicated to training than the vast majority of people of his time, training incessantly even when he didn't have a particular reason to do so. Of course, he died young also....

Comment

Working...
                      X