No announcement yet.

Cheat Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat Days

I seen a thread where the Rock shows off the food he eats on his cheat days... I'm just wondering, if your working out rigorously or training for a fight and are following a diet plan, do you allow yourself a cheat day? How many per month, if any?

I never do it, unless it's unique circumstances where not taking a huge chunk of cheesecake would be impolite. Some people have a cheat day every weekend and I don't think there's much harm in it from what I've seen with other people at least.

They don't really appeal to me I have to say, I don't know if it's just a personal thing or whether it's something that's become ingrained through habit, but I never get that temptation to eat sugar or grease loaded stuff anymore. Not since I started sticking to a fixed diet.

It's strange, I look forward more to my daily meals now than I ever did when I'd eat a wider range of stuff, and stuff that was notionally 'tastier', pizzas, fried food, etc. I think there's a lot to be said for routine and habit when it comes to diet.

That said, if cheat days work for you then have at. For a lot of people it's a great psychological reward that motivates them during the rest of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
      I seen a thread where the Rock shows off the food he eats on his cheat days... I'm just wondering, if your working out rigorously or training for a fight and are following a diet plan, do you allow yourself a cheat day? How many per month, if any?

if you're training for a fight i'd suggest you wait until after the fight.

if you're just a guy getting in shape of course you should take a day off once in a while, especialyl if you aren't a huge fan of the foods you're eating when you're on a rigid diet.

feeling good is good for you, and eating foods we want to eat is enjoyable. the benefits of that in moderation are hard to measure. you don't gotta eat like a pig on junk food, but i absolutely believe that you should eat whatever you want every once in a while. your stomach knows, bro. it knows.
      Last edited by New England; 05-18-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        I never do it, unless it's unique circumstances where not taking a huge chunk of cheesecake would be impolite. Some people have a cheat day every weekend and I don't think there's much harm in it from what I've seen with other people at least.

They don't really appeal to me I have to say, I don't know if it's just a personal thing or whether it's something that's become ingrained through habit, but I never get that temptation to eat sugar or grease loaded stuff anymore. Not since I started sticking to a fixed diet.

It's strange, I look forward more to my daily meals now than I ever did when I'd eat a wider range of stuff, and stuff that was notionally 'tastier', pizzas, fried food, etc. I think there's a lot to be said for routine and habit when it comes to diet.

That said, if cheat days work for you then have at. For a lot of people it's a great psychological reward that motivates them during the rest of the week.

how much are you weighing these days, rumey?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          how much are you weighing these days, rumey?
          195 @ 5'11''

Been more or less eating at maintenance levels for about 6 months and I really need to up it and start gaining again. Vanity has gotten in the way though.

Comment

195 @ 5'11''

Been more or less eating at maintenance levels for about 6 months and I really need to up it and start gaining again. Vanity has gotten in the way though.

attaboy.

you know who else was 5'11", 195?

one of my favorite goalscorers from the 90's, pavel bure.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              attaboy.

you know who else was 5'11", 195?

one of my favorite goalscorers from the 90's, pavel bure.
              I was unaware of that. Ice-hockey is a sport I know very little about, although I've always wanted to get into it. The combination of speed, skill, and manic violence reminds me of the sport that's closest to my own heart.

Comment

I was unaware of that. Ice-hockey is a sport I know very little about, although I've always wanted to get into it. The combination of speed, skill, and manic violence reminds me of the sport that's closest to my own heart.

i'm sure you feel enriched

i have no idea what is going on with that sport of yours, but it looks rugged . big field, too. reminds me of lacrosse a bit. equal levels of violence and legwork.

dude at 30:00 was out
                Last edited by New England; 05-18-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

on my cheat days i like to go with anabolic steroid injections, a side dish of plastercast handwraps with a healthy sprinkling of low blows

Comment

I saw on youtube, FLoyd eats basically waterever he wants, no very strict diet diet. It worksm as long as you work your ass out like a dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lCOp78pEz4

Comment

Working...
                    X