Collapse
No announcement yet.

andre dirrell traveled to nottingham, to face that determined Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope Dirrell didn't land any meaningful punches until the 9th round. Flopping to the canvas every time contact was made, went more unpunished then it should have.

Comment

dirrell fought ugly (although i somewhat excuse him for it as it was a rather abrupt step up for him), but he definitely won more rounds than froch. hardly a "schooling", though. what ward did to froch was a schooling.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Do you feel that he did the same thing against Abraham also? Mind you he was whipping his ass big time. Dirrell is just a sneaky bastard. He likes to be cautious but I can't hate him for that. Those tactics ain't pretty to watch but the ref could easily deduct if he wanted to. If the ref doesn't seem to find a problem with it, I can't either. Just going off the fight and what went down, Dirrell certainly got the job done. I don't believe in the rule you have to go the extra mile to beat the champ. Win more rounds, you get the W.
        I find that a bit like saying, if clearly the other guy won, but the judges decided he didn't deserve the decision, I've got no qualms with that.

Comment

That word 'robbery' gets throw about too freely on here for my liking.

As a challenger, you can't go to the champions backyard and fight the way Dirrell did and expect to come away with the win.

That's just the way it is.

Dirrell's too busy taking selfies with Mayweather to even bother putting himself back in the frame at 168.

Comment

no respect to dirrell and his hoodrat tactics

Comment

Ward and Dirrell are talented no doubt, but to be honest who ever gotten to Bute first likely would have don't the exact same thing, the guys is/was overrated by many for fighting NOBODY, people got caught into the hype, a lot of it was just PRIDE

Now you see why the Super 6 Members never had much respect for him, I think they all knew that he took the easy road to the top of the division while Froch and Ward took the HARD ROAD TO THE TOP and it showed Yesterday...Bute looked out of his league

Comment

I thought Dirrell won the fight, but I wouldn't use the word "robbery." It was a close fight.

Comment

I scored it 6-5-1 for Dirrell. That's not a robbery to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X