Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Miquel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito & undercards RbR and discussion thread...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Miquel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito & undercards RbR and discussion thread...

Discuss in the stickied thread!
    Cotto by Decision
    34.24%
    Cotto by KO/TKO
    33.07%
    Margarito by Decision
    2.33%
    Margarito by KO/TKO
    30.35%

First 5-6 rounds Cotto has a boxfest... same as before... then we will see if Margarito is SHOT, or if he's still the same.. and if Cotto is in better shape this time around, or if he's the same.

Comment

Margarito will win this fight. It will become apparent that very little if not nothing at all has changed since the first fight in terms of how both men match up very quickly. In a sense, it will be like Pacquiao JMM 3 in that, audiences will quickly be like "Oh wait, so these guys just match up like this.. I probably should have seen this coming.."

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        First 5-6 rounds Cotto has a boxfest... same as before... then we will see if Margarito is SHOT, or if he's still the same.. and if Cotto is in better shape this time around, or if he's the same.
        there's no way cotto folds again, margarito is gonna have to spark him out this time around to stop him

Comment

Its simple for me. I believe Marg chjeated the first fight. I don't believe his punches will have the same effect on Miguel. I think Cotto boxes Marg's ass off then finishes him off rd 10 or 11.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Just looking at the press conference from earlier today. Even at 154, Margarito looks like he belongs at a different weight class. His frame is such that he naturally puts Cotto at a physical disadvantage. At one point I was a bit concerned the added weight would result in Cotto being more solid and almost growing.. Kind of like Ortiz after his move from 140 to 147. I don't think that's the case. I think Margarito will just flat out make Cotto look small, which plays directly into his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Its simple for me. I believe Marg chjeated the first fight. I don't believe his punches will have the same effect on Miguel. I think Cotto boxes Marg's ass off then finishes him off rd 10 or 11.
              I think Cotto would have punched himself out throwing at Margarito even if Margarito was hitting Cotto less than the first fight. Leaving Margarito in a position where he simply need flurry and land some good finishing punches..

When Cotto throws big flashy punches, it almost hurts himself more than it does damage to Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by OfficialUBFNews View Post
                Just looking at the press conference from earlier today. Even at 154, Margarito looks like he belongs at a different weight class. His frame is such that he naturally puts Cotto at a physical disadvantage. At one point I was a bit concerned the added weight would result in Cotto being more solid and almost growing.. Kind of like Ortiz after his move from 140 to 147. I don't think that's the case. I think Margarito will just flat out make Cotto look small, which plays directly into his advantage.
                Tony poppin ALOT of ****. Boy if he whoops cotto's ass after poppin this much **** then he deserves more respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  Tony poppin ALOT of ****. Boy if he whoops cotto's ass after poppin this much **** then he deserves more respect.
                  I think another advantage people need to respect is.. The only person who really knows how significant an effect Margs wraps tampering was is Margarito. He threw punches with them and without them, so he'll be the only person on the planet who knows exactly how much his punching power will be effected in this fight as opposed to the last one.

Everyone else claiming exactly what effect his wraps will have is guessing, assuming, conjecturing. Margarito actually knows, that's a huge advantage. Cotto will have to adjust to whatever is changed on the fly, Margarito has been training for months with knowledge on any difference in his gloves.

So whether or not you believe Margs' loaded his wraps, it can't be denied that Margarito himself is fully aware in any effects from his current wraps. Win lose or draw, this fight is going to be awesome! FOTY!

Comment

I think it's going to be pretty much a repeat of the last fight. Cotto starts well and there is a turning point and we will all see it, when Cotto's eyes show us the body punches are ripping away his wind

Comment

Working...
                    X