Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's almost a shame someone has to lose (cotto/pacquiao)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's almost a shame someone has to lose (cotto/pacquiao)

two of my favorite fighters right now. and if you think about it, the loser may take a pretty big hit to their career, at least temporarily. Pacquiao would go from top of the world, pound 4 pound best, seemingly unbeatable as of late and really the first international superstar in years and the only person to really achieve POSITIVE mainstream media attention, to not the best anymore and would lose a lot of his mass appeal. A potential superfight with Mayweather fight would likely not happen and if it did, would lose a lot of the luster.

I don't think it would be quite as bad for Cotto since he's fought (and can beat) just about anyone at 147 and will continue to do so. However it he got KO'd or embarrassed, mentally he may never be the same.

but this is what boxing is about. You cant win forever and the best fight the best (unlike a certain past pound 4 pound champ). We should all be thankful for warriors like cotto and pacquiao who seem willing to fight anyone, anytime and more impressively are willing to risk everything to prove they are the best.

No matter who you're going for, you gotta give props to both of them.

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

spot on chico...

Comment

i agree as well.

Comment

Nah I think there are some pretty juicy match-ups waiting for the loser...

Specifically, the loser of Floyd/Marquez for Pacquiao and maybe Williams or Margarito II for Cotto. Possibly even Shane Mosley for either one, assuming the winner gets the winner of Floyd/Marquez

Comment

both are my 2 favs too.which is why i haven't said ****.

Comment

pac's planning to retire ain't he? so a loss for pac wouldn't be as big as a loss for cotto. pac would be going out facing his toughest opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by ardistic View Post
              pac's planning to retire ain't he? so a loss for pac wouldn't be as big as a loss for cotto. pac would be going out facing his toughest opponent.
              I don't believe for one second pac is planning on retiring after the cotto fight. There are still a number of fights out there and he's still in his prime.

Comment

this is what happens when you have two pit bulls in the same neighborhood and one decides to wander around lookin for a fight

Comment

pac's retirement is one i actually believe. he has other things lined up back in the philippines.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    two of my favorite fighters right now. and if you think about it, the loser may take a pretty big hit to their career, at least temporarily. Pacquiao would go from top of the world, pound 4 pound best, seemingly unbeatable as of late and really the first international superstar in years and the only person to really achieve POSITIVE mainstream media attention, to not the best anymore and would lose a lot of his mass appeal. A potential superfight with Mayweather fight would likely not happen and if it did, would lose a lot of the luster.

I don't think it would be quite as bad for Cotto since he's fought (and can beat) just about anyone at 147 and will continue to do so. However it he got KO'd or embarrassed, mentally he may never be the same.

but this is what boxing is about. You cant win forever and the best fight the best (unlike a certain past pound 4 pound champ). We should all be thankful for warriors like cotto and pacquiao who seem willing to fight anyone, anytime and more impressively are willing to risk everything to prove they are the best.

best post i have ever seen in this place. thats how a REAL BOXING FAN should feel about this mega fight....mad respects to you bro

Comment

Working...
                    X