Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watching Dat WWE Royal Rumble in a bit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cena wins, I'm SHOCKED!

This is why WWE is so shit, they only give a shit about Cena.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

I went to a wrestling event a few years ago and the crowd was just full of weirdos like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Addition View Post
        Cena wins, I'm SHOCKED!

When your the face of the company it's not hard though.

To be fair, he's lost a lot his big matches this last year or so (bar the Brock match).

He'll win the title against The Rock & it'll be just like before.

I'd like people like Punk, Bryan, Ziggler to be given more of a push.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Not it hasn't. I do not watch wrestling myself, but it hasn't been terrible, we just grew up. If you were a kid, you'd love it. I see kids fiending and following WWE episodes just like me and my friends did back then.

One thing for sure, the censorship changed, and that's about it. Other than that, you just grew up.
          I don't think it's much of people growing up more than the actual product being heavily watered down and being strictly made for kids today. There were guys 25-30 yrs old watching Nitro and Raw in the 90s because it was a bit more adult orientated though it still appealed to kids. It was a different era understandably, but I think the shock value really helped Wrestling whether it was someone turning heel or babyface, someone going to either WCW or WWE, etc. The stars today also can't hold a torch to guys like Austin, The Rock, HHH, Taker, HBK, whether it's on the mic or in the ring telling a story. They've shortened the ring and made matches 5-10 min max. I agree though that it's the way media is consumed today. We need everything now and done quick which at least for me takes away from the overall match. For today I do agree it's really mainly for kids, but it wasn't always that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Addition View Post
            Cena wins, I'm SHOCKED!

It's because he's selling the most merch. Vince has been trying to turn him heel for close to 2 years but he'd be shooting himself in the foot. Even if he did turn him heel though people at this point probably wouldn't buy it. His whole shtick is old. His fans from 4-5 yrs ago are like 18-20 now lol.

Comment

Working...
            X