History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Well lets look at what we know....

They said they'd know for sure in 15 days (I think this came out around the 1st).

Hopkins fights on the 15th.

Hopkins was at the fight.
    I'd take back a lot of what I've said about Martinez lately if this was a fight he took. Even at his age, I'd expect Hopkins to beat Martinez convincingly.

Comment

• a guy named contrerras is getting stretchered off of shobox right now

i hope he's alright

he's had well over 300 amateur fights

he got hit in the back of the head and fell very strangely on his forehead head and face

there wasn't any clear angle to show everything, but there was certainly some injury.

contrerras looked conscious by the time he was stretchered out of the ring but i cannot be certain
      Last edited by New England; 10-07-2011, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        a guy named contrerras is getting stretchered off of shobox right now

i hope he's alright

he's had well over 300 amateur fights

he got hit in the back of the head and fell very strangely on his forehead head and face

there wasn't any clear angle to show everything, but there was certainly some injury.

contrerras looked conscious by the time he was stretchered out of the ring but i cannot be certain
        Contreras had over 300 amateur fights? He sure didn't look very seasoned to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Contreras had over 300 amateur fights? He sure didn't look very seasoned to me.

according to farhood contrerras had 358 amateur fights.

sounds a bit fishy to me
          and i cant find a biography on the boxrec with a list of his am accomplishments

but that's what farhood said (after checking the DVR. by the main event of most shobox cards i am usually a zombie)

Comment

• Was he alright?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              Was he alright?

i've been very disappointed in the coverage as i've heard absolutely nothing, and i did do some digging that night

very disappointed indeed

i suppose that is a good sign in terms of his health. it would be a bigger story if he were seriously hurt, as grotesque a concept as that is.

Comment

i've been very disappointed in the coverage as i've heard absolutely nothing, and i did do some digging that night

very disappointed indeed

i suppose that is a good sign in terms of his health. it would be a bigger story if he were seriously hurt, as grotesque a concept as that is.
                I read on Twitter that he was home the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  I read on Twitter that he was home the next day.
                  beautiful. good sleuthing .

obviously he took some big shots to the head, but i'm curious if you heard anything about his neck being biffed up?

he went down awful strange

Comment

beautiful. good sleuthing .

obviously he took some big shots to the head, but i'm curious if you heard anything about his neck being biffed up?

he went down awful strange
                    I just saw a tweet saying that he was home from the hospital and in good shape. I only follow people on Twitter who I consider to be usually reliable sources.

The entire incident was bizzare. You have to take these type of things seriously. Fans were booing Ernie Shaaf when he went down from a jab by Primo Carnera. The beating he took against Max Baer was very likely the cause of his death.

Comment

• Reporting in:

Linares applied a boxing clinic on DeMarco. However, due to a cut and him tiring out in the 11th Round the referee deemed it necessary to stop the fight as Linares was not returning any punches and just receiving blows from DeMarco.

Also, this commenter wants to point out that this is another Wild Card Gym boxer that lost this year. All the sparring partners of Manny Pacquiao lost their important fights.

Reminder, the 11th Round was beautiful war.

And Paulie Malignaggi fought a beautiful boxing match against his opponent who was perceived to be a knockout artist who couldn't knockout a featherfisted but fast slicing punches of Paulie.

Comment

Working...
                      X