Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most underrated fighters in fantasy fights...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    I actually agree....not seems weird but fanboys always claims that some old school fighter would beat floyd... No way does floyd lose to guys like Barney Ross, chavez, etc....
    I disagree with the Chavez post, my mind says Floyd, but then you see how much trouble the pressure of Maidana and Castillo gave him, mostly Castillo because he molded his style after Chavez who was a better version of Castillo in every single aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
      I disagree with the Chavez post, my mind says Floyd, but then you see how much trouble the pressure of Maidana and Castillo gave him, mostly Castillo because he molded his style after Chavez who was a better version of Castillo in every single aspect.
      Conversely chavez got his ears boxed off by meldrick, pernell and Frankie.. If those guys can outbox him, then floyd could do the same or worse

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Yeah, but I sill say Robinson and Leonard beat him at welterweight.
        robinson would knock floyd out cold, at ww he was an incredible puncher. floyd had trouble with an older sugar shane, sugar ray would **** him right up

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
        floyd adjusted his style for castillo, he did way better in the second fight. prime chavez might make things more interesting

Comment

James Toney is underrated and somebody said Frazier ,i agree Frazier is criminaly underrated.

Comment

I actually agree....not seems weird but fanboys always claims that some old school fighter would beat floyd... No way does floyd lose to guys like Barney Ross, chavez, etc....
            No way you say? The Floyd who struggled against Castillo loses to the best of Chavez and barney Ross.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
              No way you say? The Floyd who struggled against Castillo loses to the best of Chavez and barney Ross.
              Cuz chavez looked so great vs Meldrick, pernell, and randall..

Who was the slickest counter puncher Ross or chavez ever beat?

Comment

Well to be fair, no one beat sweat pea in his prime, Taylor speed was hell for everyone before the Chavez fight and Randall, while clearly inferior to Mayweather, wasn't a bad fighter.

Comment

You missed my point. There is versions of Mayweather who could beat poorer versions of Chavez and Ross but the one who faced Castillo does not. There's also such a thing as styles. Taylor for example is a tougher opponent for Chavez than Mayweather because of his speed and output. He was a real sharp shooter in bunches. No way does Floyd out work Chavez. He would have to do much more than pot shoot and shell up to beat a prime Chavez. As for Pea, well he was like a slippery eel. Floyd could actually be pinned to the ropes and hit with leather (albeit hard to hit clean), it was much harder to pin Pea to the ropes.

Another example is Kid Gavilan who would easily beat up the version of Mayweather who struggled with Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
                    You missed my point. There is versions of Mayweather who could beat poorer versions of Chavez and Ross but the one who faced Castillo does not. There's also such a thing as styles. Taylor for example is a tougher opponent for Chavez than Mayweather because of his speed and output. He was a real sharp shooter in bunches. No way does Floyd out work Chavez. He would have to do much more than pot shoot and shell up to beat a prime Chavez. As for Pea, well he was like a slippery eel. Floyd could actually be pinned to the ropes and hit with leather (albeit hard to hit clean), it was much harder to pin Pea to the ropes.

Another example is Kid Gavilan who would easily beat up the version of Mayweather who struggled with Maidana.
                    So you are basing your whole position on one fight where floyd didn't look good. Had a hurt shoulder.

Do you rate mike tyson off the buster douglas fight??

This is the exact point of my earlier post.. Floyd gets so underrated in fantasy fights... posters are giving him little chance vs chavez based on one fight..

Floyd vs agressive 'mexican' style fighters
                    genaro
                    famoso
                    jesus chavez
                    castillo
                    castillo 2
                    baldomir
                    hatton
                    cotto
                    ghost
                    maidana 1
                    maidana 2
                    Canelo

Dominates nearly all of them but castillo 1 and first half vs maidana 1

JC Chavez vs "slick" fast handed boxers
                    Pernell
                    meldrick
                    frankie

Got outpointed all 3 times and never looked good anytime he was faced with that style..

But somehow in a fantasy fight floyd is the heavy underdog to chavez.. Exactly why i say he is underrated in fantasy fights

Comment

So you are basing your whole position on one fight where floyd didn't look good. Had a hurt shoulder.

Do you rate mike tyson off the buster douglas fight??

This is the exact point of my earlier post.. Floyd gets so underrated in fantasy fights... posters are giving him little chance vs chavez based on one fight..

Floyd vs agressive 'mexican' style fighters
                      genaro
                      famoso
                      jesus chavez
                      castillo
                      castillo 2
                      baldomir
                      hatton
                      cotto
                      ghost
                      maidana 1
                      maidana 2
                      Canelo

Dominates nearly all of them but castillo 1 and first half vs maidana 1

JC Chavez vs "slick" fast handed boxers
                      Pernell
                      meldrick
                      frankie

Got outpointed all 3 times and never looked good anytime he was faced with that style..

But somehow in a fantasy fight floyd is the heavy underdog to chavez.. Exactly why i say he is underrated in fantasy fights

All of those fighters you listed have different styles of pressure fighting and different attributes, and some are more boxer-punchers than pressure fighters like Cotto. Floyd proved to struggled with tricky, unpredictable relentless pressure fighters not flat footed mid range boxer-punchers like Canelo. Maidana had success against Floyd because he was super aggressive, awkwarded, used clever little faints and set up traps. Floyd beats your average boxer-puncher and predictable pressure fighter every night of the week, but the ones with an edge and a bit of intelligence caused Floyd problems. Chavez Sr was not your average pressure fighter. The guy was a master at closing off the ring and has one of the most complete skillsets in boxing history.

Pernell, Meldrick, Frankie and Floyd have totally different styles ffs. It isnt as simple as just slick and fast handed. Your knowledge of Boxing styles is basic as **** and you're quite frankly embarrassing yourself with posts like that.

Anyway you said Chavez would 'NEVER' beat Floyd. I'm saying versions of Floyd beats versions of Chavez because I'm not a simple minded ignoramus.

My question to you is still - Would the Floyd that struggled with Castillo beat prime Chavez?
                      Last edited by DJ Enerate; 11-30-2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X