No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b d w View Post
    If you're happy that you're favourite fighter had to win with some home cooking then that is fine. Shoot I loved Manny but I NEVER felt comfortable with a couple of decisions he got against JMM.

Andre ward, toughness aside, really went down in my estimations. Dude should get into wrestling coz that's truly his forte.
    Were u comfortable with Froch getting the nod over Dirrell ? Just asking .

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
      Were u comfortable with Froch getting the nod over Dirrell ? Just asking .
      Been a while since I saw that fight so I'd have to go back and watch it. From memory I think I might have given it to Dirrell. I'm not a super huge fan of either so it was the type of fight I watched once and not that closely TBHWY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
        Kovalev was also doing the holding. Both fighters tied each other up in close quarters. Harold Letterman was ****ing blind to judge Ward as the only one doing the holding.

It was a close fight. Ward won. Move on. Bringing Pacquiao analogies into the mix doesn't help your case.
        I'll move on, but boxing consistently disappoints me with these crap decisions, which is a hardcore fan I admit I find difficult to stomach. It's been a number of years but I don't think I'll EVER get over Sam Peter getting the nod over James Toney in their 1st fight, LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          6-10 were not dominated by ward lol most analysts had those rounds split AT BEST.

calm down ward fans
          Your right not 6-10, rather 6-12. In the 6th Ward got into a defensive rhythm rarely seen and Kov could berely land a clean punch from that point on. He figured the dude out point blank ! I saw a complete shift in the 6th and told the guy sitting next to me at the fight that Ward is now in a defensive rhythm. Kov made absolutely NO ADJUSTMENTS from that point on .

That's why he won 6-12 because after the 5th, Ward was the one landing the clean shots and counters. Kov just kept swinging wildly at headshots missing, couldn't land much of anything and completely abandoned any attempt at bodywork. He did exactly what Hunter , Ward and others said he'd do which was tune Jackson out, strictly headhunt and try and crush.

But like Ward said= WHATS GONNA HAPPEN WHEN BEING THE CRUSHER DOESNT WORK ?

I guess we just found out !
          Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 11-20-2016, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• The kd should have gotten Kov the decision. He won 6 rounds very clearly. All others were close, but if you were to give all close rounds to Ward it would be 6-6 with the kd for Kov.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
              Your right not 6-10, rather 6-12. In the 6th Ward got into a defensive rhythm rarely seen and Kov could berely land a clean punch from that point on. He figured the dude out point blank ! I saw a complete shift in the 6th and told the guy sitting next to me at the fight that Ward is now in a defensive rhythm. Kov made absolutely NO ADJUSTMENTS from that point on .

That's why he won 6-12 because after the 5th, Ward was the one landing the clean shots and counters. Kov just kept swinging wildly at headshots missing, couldn't land much of anything. He did exactly what Hunter , Ward and others said he'd do which was tune Jackson out, strictly headhunt and try and crush.

But like Ward said= WHATS GONNA HAPPEN WHEN BEING THE CRUSHER DOESNT WORK ?

I guess we just found out !
              Ward may have figured it out, I actually agree with you, but there were a couple of rounds in the 2nd half of the fight which despite having figured Kovalev out to some degree Ward himself did absolutely nothing, zero squat in those rounds which I felt Kovalev sneaked due to activity and accuracy. Shoot even Hunter was reduced to 'son you got to look deep within yourself' type speeches instead of actual advice as he knew his fighter was losing. It's always a giveaway IMHO that the corner knows their guy is losing. I remember Diaz doing it in Bradley's 1st fight with Manny and Capt Jack Mosley doing it in the 2nd Hoya fight.

I picked Ward to win, he didn't. I do like him clearly in the rematch though. I think Ward does much better in the rematch and actually wins that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Says who?!? What kind of logic is this?

Do you not know how boxing works? Judges have to score 12 individual rounds and turn in their score after each individual round. There is no "you have to beat the champion convincingly", it's simply who won the most rounds, add up the points and that is the winner. Doesn't matter of they won by a single point or ten.

Mate, Ward was the contender.. not the champ. All im saying is that I believe he had to do more in order to secure a victory

Comment

• Ward dominated the second half of the fight. It isn't that complicated. The scorecards were just about right.

Comment

• Just too easy these days to yell "robbery!".

The majority of the media agreed that this was a close fight with a lot of rounds that could go both ways.

I had it 114-113 for Kovalev first and seeing the fight three times I ended up giving it to Ward with the scores 114-113 afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by b d w View Post
                      Ward may have figured it out, I actually agree with you, but there were a couple of rounds in the 2nd half of the fight which despite having figured Kovalev out to some degree Ward himself did absolutely nothing, zero squat in those rounds which I felt Kovalev sneaked due to activity and accuracy. Shoot even Hunter was reduced to 'son you got to look deep within yourself' type speeches instead of actual advice as he knew his fighter was losing. It's always a giveaway IMHO that the corner knows their guy is losing. I remember Diaz doing it in Bradley's 1st fight with Manny and Capt Jack Mosley doing it in the 2nd Hoya fight.

I picked Ward to win, he didn't. I do like him clearly in the rematch though. I think Ward does much better in the rematch and actually wins that one.
                      I credit your post as it's fair.
                      The first 5 rds I had Ward winning not a round.
                      So having said that, if I was hunter I'd have to give the same type of advice to get the best out of Ward because even thou Ward looked to be winning the rest of the rounds it's still a draw if he wins 6-12.
                      So it's understandable Hunter would say that, I would of too. U have to tell Andre he needs a KO to win at that point .

Comment

Working...
                      X