No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    He did what all boxers should do get in the ring n challenge some of the best hoooray!!! for him, since its damn near rare now days for that he is being a bit overrated, but ill always be a fan of any boxer and Cotto is prolly in my top 10, Margarito vs Cotto one of my favorite fights of all time especially cause TonyTornado won

Looking forward to his next match, seems like hes trying to get an easy match, id like if he challenge one of those young 154lb contenders
    but not all boxers do that. so yeah, hooray indeed.

non fans like to say hes overrated but they dont want to stack resumes next to each other.

imho, cotto beat himself that fight. too much wasted movements. he corrected that problem easily in the rematch.

Comment

I find it absolutely crazy how people can disrespect Cotto as a fighter. I can understand if you don't like him on a personal level; he's an egotistical diva who's known to not be a very friendly guy, but what he's done in the ring is rare in the sport.

Not many people have fought the type of competition he did and win in the type of fashion he did. You can all talk about his losses everytime he steps up, but it is my opinion that all these losses came after the fact that he was pummeled for 11 rounds with tampered gloves. The man was never the same after that night.

Think about it, after the absolute beatings he took from Marg AND Pac, he was still able to give Floyd Mayweather the toughest fight of his career (in his own words). He was still able to win a title at MW after starting at JWW (albeit against a fighter who probably shouldn't have been in the ring) in absolute DOMINANT fashion. AND he was still able to put up a hell of a fight against Canelo Alvarez.

Comment

Cotto is overrated. Especially by his stans.

Guys calling him top 5 ATG for the generation. WTF?!?!

He's really good but people love to exaggerate him because their favorite boxer(Floyd) beat him at one point.

Pac/Margarito beat a better version of Cotto but Floyd fanboys love to make a big deal out of him beating Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          Cotto is overrated. Especially by his stans.

Guys calling him top 5 ATG for the generation. WTF?!?!

He's really good but people love to exaggerate him because their favorite boxer(Floyd) beat him at one point.

Pac/Margarito beat a better version of Cotto but Floyd fanboys love to make a big deal out of him beating Cotto.
          pti,

cottos resume craps on margies. he got the revenge and went on to become a ''mw'' ''champ''.

pac wouldnt go near cotto without bringing him down (like he did dlh). pac would NEVER fight him at pure ww or bigger. may did. why didnt pac force margie to move down (dont answer, i already know why) ?

cotto is a hofer. that loss to margie and pac meant nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            I find it absolutely crazy how people can disrespect Cotto as a fighter. I can understand if you don't like him on a personal level; he's an egotistical diva who's known to not be a very friendly guy, but what he's done in the ring is rare in the sport.

Not many people have fought the type of competition he did and win in the type of fashion he did. You can all talk about his losses everytime he steps up, but it is my opinion that all these losses came after the fact that he was pummeled for 11 rounds with tampered gloves. The man was never the same after that night.

Think about it, after the absolute beatings he took from Marg AND Pac, he was still able to give Floyd Mayweather the toughest fight of his career (in his own words). He was still able to win a title at MW after starting at JWW (albeit against a fighter who probably shouldn't have been in the ring) in absolute DOMINANT fashion. AND he was still able to put up a hell of a fight against Canelo Alvarez.
            yep, yep and yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
              I have to ask why some of you mfers hate him. Dude has fought everyone, is it because he lost some? Cotto has been one of my favorites since he came on the scene. He had a hell of a fight with some of you guys god Mayweather, went on to win the fukin lineal MW championship of the world. I wont dispute any fight he has lost because he lost them but he never got his ass kicked aside from Paq. he is one of the great fighters of this era, Im astounded he doesnt get the credit.

I guess someone is going to bring up the first Margarito fight and if you do god help you. If you think Marg didnt have his wraps stacked that fight you need to never fukin post here again.
              I havent seen much Cotto hate to be honest however he really has acted like a ***** over the last 2 years. He beat Martinez for the lineal mw crown. Martinez a great middleweight was severely injured and well past his best but Cotto still deserves some credit.

However, since then, he dragged Geale down to an unhealthy catchweight, avoided GGG like a plague while saying he'd fight anyone and then claimed he wasnt a middleweight...to then go on and defend his middleweight title one more time.

You think that does not warrant criticism?

Comment

I have to ask why some of you mfers hate him. Dude has fought everyone, is it because he lost some? Cotto has been one of my favorites since he came on the scene. He had a hell of a fight with some of you guys god Mayweather, went on to win the fukin lineal MW championship of the world. I wont dispute any fight he has lost because he lost them but he never got his ass kicked aside from Paq. he is one of the great fighters of this era, Im astounded he doesnt get the credit.

I guess someone is going to bring up the first Margarito fight and if you do god help you. If you think Marg didnt have his wraps stacked that fight you need to never fukin post here again.
                A lot of the cotto hate probably comes from the fact that he is the anti-tito. Quiet, reserved, fights for himself not his people.

But as a fighter, you have to love him, because he is one of the best of this era. He is supremely talented, came up short in his biggest fights, but they were all for the most part close. I think he is probably underated in terms of his skill level. He is a truly great complete fighter who just happened to lose to the absolute best of his era. And he fought all the best at their best. Fought a peaking Pacquiao, Mayweather, Judah, Mosley, Margarito,

He deserves the criticism he gets for holding onto the MW belt and causing the whole Canelo GGG debacle.

If Canelo never had that 160 belt, none of this would have ever been an issue.

Cotto also has a reputation as a bit of a diva, so there is that.
                Last edited by !! Shawn; 08-29-2016, 05:40 AM.

Comment

You are a dumb mfer to tell me I know nothing about boxing. Ive forgot more about this game than you will ever know. You should do some do some research before you reply to me next time homes..id slap the sombrero right off your fuking head if i could get to you. Stupid mfers talking ****..

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
                    The GGG fans don't like him because he didn't give ggg a pay day
                    Cotto ducked him yet fought Sergio Martinez, Cotto paid him off so he wouldn't have to fight him though silver line with each cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      i dont hate him but i think miguel is seriously overrated. I know you can go through pretty much any fighters record and **** on it, but if you go through miguels you realise he has lost/won by robbery against almost every half decent fighter and some of his best wins are against injured/shot fighters.
                      Yet his win over Quintana is better than any of GGG's and it's not even Cotto's best win and he beat GGG's opponent just as easy as GGG in his 4th weight class....

Biased bulls!it as usual....Well done.

Comment

Working...
                      X