No announcement yet.

Prime Mosley vs Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I think you miss the point bro..It has nothing to do with the fact that Lucas is fighting now and I love the good ol days..Mosley is a better fighter then Lucas bro it's just that simple..It might be a good fight,but dude this is a fighter(Lucas)who lost to Zab and Alexander(weather you agree with the decision or not)now of course the book is still out on Lucas..But to say Matt's gives Mosley a run or beats Mosley at this point does sound a lil naive...
    Can't agree with zab/alexander beating Lucas, but overall, I agree with your assesment of the fight.

Still think it would be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      Of course matthysse kills mosley. After all, he just beat mike Dallas jr, famed sparring partner of manny pacquaio, who nearly conquered the great Jose lopez before succumbing to the great lopez offense
      Maybe ive been on Boxing scene too much lately but I literally died reading that.

Comment

this is all becoming rather silly.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
          this is all becoming rather silly.
          power usually causes fans to overrate a fighter. Tyson and Manny are examples and now Matthysse.

Power is great weapon to have. it is the eternal equalizer. But if you swing wildly, dont connect, and punch yourself out or don't know how to win if you can't get a KO, then it really isn't all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            power usually causes fans to overrate a fighter. Tyson and Manny are examples and now Matthysse.

Power is great weapon to have. it is the eternal equalizer. But if you swing wildly, dont connect, and punch yourself out or don't know how to win if you can't get a KO, then it really isn't all that much.
            I mean really your on fire today..

Comment

i like matthysse but prime mosley????

Comment

Can't beleive this has gone 7 pages. A prime Mosley was different gravy. LM is big right now but he's done nothing to convince me he'd beat someone with Mosley's skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

Because Matthysse's never outboxed a boxer. Except he has. So yeah.

Comment

This is why these threads get escalated.

Poster A: Mosley wipes the floor with Matthysse. He's an ATG legend of legends. Matthysse lost to Zab and Alexader, how would he beat prime Mosley.

Poster B: I think it would be a decent fight. Mosley probably wins a UD, but Matthysse has the power and skill to make it interesting.

Poster A replies to poster B: Yor ****ing crazy, no way Matthysse beats Mosley. NO WAY.

That's how it happens. No one in this thread has ever said Matthysse wins, but unless you say prime Mosley (who appears to be overrated on here) kills Matthysse without question you get a reply saying "WOW. WOW" like your a ****ing ****** who doesnt know ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                      This is why these threads get escalated.

Poster A: Mosley wipes the floor with Matthysse. He's an ATG legend of legends. Matthysse lost to Zab and Alexader, how would he beat prime Mosley.

Poster B: I think it would be a decent fight. Mosley probably wins a UD, but Matthysse has the power and skill to make it interesting.

Poster A replies to poster B: Yor ****ing crazy, no way Matthysse beats Mosley. NO WAY.

That's how it happens. No one in this thread has ever said Matthysse wins, but unless you say prime Mosley (who appears to be overrated on here) kills Matthysse without question you get a reply saying "WOW. WOW" like your a ****ing ****** who doesnt know ****.
                      Seriously. Mosley was a great fighter in his prime. He would be too much. But people act like Matthysse couldn't possibly do anything that would even remotely trouble him. It would be a good fight, where Matthysse wouldn't be able to deal with the speed and power.

What is it about Mosley that makes people go ******ed around here? In a thread with potential to overrate Matthysse, we instead end up with most the thread making Mosley sound like the best fighter of the last twenty years.

Comment

Working...
                      X