No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: Nobody at 140 Would Pose a Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newcastleking View Post
    Broner is dead meat at 140. If hes ducking Vasquez at 135 expect to see him duck Mathysse at 140.
    Vazquez turned down 350K to fight Broner in November.....that's been reported

Plus Vazquez is a Zanfer fighter, who really only works with Top Rank. I highly doubt Broner-Vazquez happens.

Comment

Nice story buddy. Its a good one

Comment

Fact of the matter is you can't compare Broner's performance against Rees and DeMarco and assume he will fight the guys at 140 the same way. There's a lot more things that can happen over the course of the year and there's a lot of things in Broner's game that he hasn't and hasn't needed to put on display yet.

People just need to chill the **** out and just wait.

There's plenty of great fights at 140 that need to be made right now. Broner isn't needed in that division yet. He's a lightweight that makes weight drinking a can of Sprite.

Garcia/Khan/Peterson/Matthysse/Judah all need to fight each other

Broner needs to fight Abril/Bogere winner and Ricky Burns/Vasquez winner.

That's the only fights that matter at these weights right now. Everything else is just fantasy fights and speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          OK you just threw names out but all All are very hittable like I said and neither of them are all that slick, Khan is FAST not slick defensively at all, Bradley is slick though, I think Bradley beats Broner right now but Bradley is not at 140, Peterson can move around a bit but he gets dropped in just about every fight he is in

LOL at Zab though, Zab is on the way out, a few stiff Body Punches and Zab is ready to quit, he is still pretty slick but Body Punches is his Kryptonite
          No body said Khan, and the rest were slick. I said Judah would be a slick, athletic test.

Bradley wouldn't be a "test" for Broner. That would be sending the lamb off to slaughter. Like Vargas vs. Tito.

Comment

Originally posted by newcastleking View Post
            Nice story buddy. Its a good one
            http://ring tv. craveonline.com/blog/176793-promoter-vazquez-would-spank-broner

Get rid of the spaces and read it

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Vazquez turned down 350K to fight Broner in November.....that's been reported

Plus Vazquez is a Zanfer fighter, who really only works with Top Rank. I highly doubt Broner-Vazquez happens.
              He's working with Warren Promotions.

I don't know the reason why Broner doesn't want to fight Vasquez but it's clear he doesn't. It's looking like a clear duck on his part.

Comment

Broner go to 140 lbs only one fighter makes sense at 135 Gamboa otherwise Khan or Garcia at 140, Matthysse is to be avoided and a fight with Marquez is a long shot BRONER DONT BE CHICKEN

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Rees did show that if you possess good head movement, you can get in on Broner and make him miss.

I think Broner could end up fighting Peterson, Mayfield, and Matthysse at 140.

I doubt Garcia happens given both are Haymon, Khan will be moving up to 147 probably, Rios/Khabib/Alvarado/Marquez are all Top Rank/Top Rank affiliated. They won't happen.

But I mean Broner beating those 3 mentioned would be good wins. Peterson arguably beat Ortiz, and did beat Khan. Matthysse is one of the toughest guys at 140. Mayfield is on his way up, just beat Herrera, a pretty game fighter.

If Broner does move up to 140 for his next fight, though I still doubt he moves there till 2014, I want to see Broner-Peterson.
                  If Broner can clearly/convincingly beat a guy like Peterson, that's his true "I have arrived" moment.

Beating Demarco just doesn't cut it for me. I even said that before the Demarco fight happened. Yes, it was a necessary fight to make, BUT, it didn't prove anything we already didn't know.

Peterson would be a TRUE test.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    No body said Khan, and the rest were slick. I said Judah would be a slick, athletic test.

Bradley wouldn't be a "test" for Broner. That would be sending the lamb off to slaughter. Like Vargas vs. Tito.
                    Again you listed a bunch of names responding to my comment...like I said once again...ALL OF THOSE FIGHTERS ARE HITTABLE! Rees had better head movement them most of them would and he was much smaller

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                      Yeah, I think after the Rees fight, him and his team are going to look to use more foot movement, and improve that jab.

At the same time, I don't think he can be effective fighting like that, because he's most effective planting on his punches.

He doesn't have the craft to fight moving around like Mayweather. He'd end up throwing single, power shots, and losing points. He came up fighting his style, and it won't come natural to him.

It's going to be tough at 140, regardless.
                      if it aint broke, don't fix it. Broner's jab is fine, he just doesn't use it all that much because he's waiting to counter with the hook, uppercuts, and the right hand. If Jeff Mayweather is already calling Broner "Next" he's doing something right. Reese is just an awkward guy that Broner had to take 2 rounds to get used to. If Broner starts running like Floyd runs, he will start losing fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X