Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FULL FIGHT VIDEO + aftermath : Hugo Hernan Garay vs Chris Henry ... you judge ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    I fully expected Garay to win this. I was shocked when I heard the result.

But now, I am so much more shocked, because of the outlandish things these announcers said.

Apparently Chris Henry is:
    1. An excellent fighter.
    2. A guy who throws very compact punches.
    3. Extremely slick.

I feel like none of those things are very true.

That was a really good knockout, and my god, what a win on Henry's resume.
    Man Hugo just ruined his career if that was a dive. Henry just pushed him off of him and Garay was holding his left arm. He seemed terribly out of shape.

Comment

I have never seen so many '' questionable'' referees in one weekend : Bakhtov vs Kretschmann - ref blatantly does everything possible to give the german boxer any advantage possible , rules clean bodyshots as low blows and takes a point away , stalls the action when Bakhtov gets going he pushes him off the german with no reason . When Kretschmann quits in the 9th and Bakhtov throws one punch as the german is turning away fight still isn't called off by the referee . Referee is crying 15 minutes to get the russian DQed even tho the german clearly decided to quit , Kretschmann's manager got into the ring and screamed at the referee that he should stop arguing because his guy retired .

Referee in Abraham vs Dirrell fight with several missed calls and not being able to handle the '' low blows'' situation , either warn Dirrell once and for all or let Abraham know that he shouldn't wave with his arms everytime he gets hit with a close one to the body .

Now this referee lets Henry pull Garay's head down and punch , also I am still not sure if the ending was handled the way it should be . Seems clear that Henry holds him with one hand while delivering those two borderline punches to the side/back of Garay's head and then literally throws him to the ground .

Comment

Garay seemed drained. I thought it was a legitimate knockout based on the replays. Originally it seemed like a push with Garay hitting the back of his head on the canvas but he didn't.

Comment

I don't see Garay being hurt by anything , he gets up right away after the ref waves off the fight . Seems like he just didn't want to be in there , like you say I also have a feeling he struggled with the weight and didn't want to be in the ring . He doesn't seem to be hurt , maybe he tried to have the referee punish Henry for throwing him to the ground otherwise he just wanted to get out of the fight . Too bad the camera angle never showed Garay's face when he was down , he just lays there and then jumps back up once ref stops the fight .

Comment

Working...
          X