No announcement yet.

K9's contract with GB specifically states that he won't face Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Not as protected but IMO he's getting there (maybe Im exagerating a little bit) but look at his opposition as of late...
    Six current/former/future titlists in a row? I get some were smaller and there is some room to maneuver with all the belts, but he moved up from 12 and fought Tyson at 15; took on Narvaez at 18 (who moved up a whopping three pounds). He could be matched tougher for sure in spots, but, hey, he is tonight. Donaire is far from the most egregious matched fighter out there.

Comment

My beef is a champion having it in his contract that he won't fight a contender...Personally after his last performance I have no desire for K9 to fight anyone or anything but retirement....His desire to cash out is nice...but I'm not interested in K9 versus ANYONE...not Lara...not Canelo...

I'm not advertising Lara-K9 talk...having it written into your contract that you won't fight an opponent is the most official duck than anything anyone else is being accused of doing...I don't need to personalize it by saying 'who wants to see that fight'...

Comment

Not as protected but IMO he's getting there (maybe Im exagerating a little bit) but look at his opposition as of late...
        Donaire left a high end path of destruction against real champs & elite fighters. Who is he being protected from. He's already going after a real titlist.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryDayDrew View Post
          My beef is a champion having it in his contract that he won't fight a contender...Personally after his last performance I have no desire for K9 to fight anyone or anything but retirement....His desire to cash out is nice...but I'm not interested in K9 versus ANYONE...not Lara...not Canelo...

I'm not advertising Lara-K9 talk...having it written into your contract that you won't fight an opponent is the most official duck than anything anyone else is being accused of doing...I don't need to personalize it by saying 'who wants to see that fight'...
          LOL...that's true. Never heard of this before (or at least it hasn't been on blast).

Comment

Lol...Donaire cannot win...If he fights and beats Nish then that won't be enough...if he actually fights BEATS Rigo...(I know that actually SAYING that is blasphemous...) then he'll be accused of ducking Mares and suddenly hes the new savior...there are only like 4 real challenges for Donaire at this weight right now...and its not like he only fights once a year but fight fans want Donaire to fight tourneys that Froch wouldn't accept.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              The fear is strong in this one.
              shame K9 forgot to tell Steward to keep this a secret

Comment

Lol...Donaire cannot win...If he fights and beats Nish then that won't be enough...if he actually fights BEATS Rigo...(I know that actually SAYING that is blasphemous...) then he'll be accused of ducking Mares and suddenly hes the new savior...there are only like 4 real challenges for Donaire at this weight right now...and its not like he only fights once a year but fight fans want Donaire to fight tourneys that Froch wouldn't accept.
                Anyone who *****es if he goes from the tough Mathebula to the best fighter in the class (until proven otherwise, that's Nishi), should stop throwing themselves down stairs. Bad for their head.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  Six current/former/future titlists in a row? I get some were smaller and there is some room to maneuver with all the belts, but he moved up from 12 and fought Tyson at 15; took on Narvaez at 18 (who moved up a whopping three pounds). He could be matched tougher for sure in spots, but, hey, he is tonight. Donaire is far from the most egregious matched fighter out there.
                  A whopping 3 lbs but look at the height difference. I wasn't trying to say they're taking Donaire to the extend they are taking Canelo cause this Canelo situation is on another level.
                  Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Donaire left a high end path of destruction against real champs & elite fighters. Who is he being protected from. He's already going after a real titlist.
                  Not sure who he's being protected from but look at his opposition as of late like I said. Real titlist? Meh. All Mathebula got going for him is height and reach. And like I said on another thread, besides those 2 he's outnumbered 100 to 1 in this one vs Donaire. Hell, I give little Arce a better shot at beating Donaire than Mathebula.

Didn't he avoid Mares at 118 but after catching some heat from the fans now changed his stance and all of the sudden wanna fight Mares @ 122 (which I still think it's bs)? Same thing with Rigo, he's boring, he's this, he's that but 2 fights later he wants to fight Rigo all of the sudden. I haven't seen Rigo's style change much, so what made Donaire change his mind?

Anyway, this **** is about Canelo. If he goes on with this fight, Im done as a fan of his that's for sure.

Comment

Id give him some credit for beating Nishioka but Im not sure how much as he would be coming off a 1 year layoff, give or take. And Im also not sure how bad Nishioka really wants to fight any more. I get the feeling he's gonna challenge Donaire for the pay check and that'd be it for him. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Comment

A whopping 3 lbs but look at the height difference. I wasn't trying to say they're taking Donaire to the extend they are taking Canelo cause this Canelo situation is on another level.

Not sure who he's being protected from but look at his opposition as of late like I said. Real titlist? Meh. All Mathebula got going for him is height and reach. And like I said on another thread, besides those 2 he's outnumbered 100 to 1 in this one vs Donaire. Hell, I give little Arce a better shot at beating Donaire than Mathebula.

Didn't he avoid Mares at 118 but after catching some heat from the fans now changed his stance and all of the sudden wanna fight Mares @ 122 (which I still think it's bs)? Same thing with Rigo, he's boring, he's this, he's that but 2 fights later he wants to fight Rigo all of the sudden. I haven't seen Rigo's style change much, so what made Donaire change his mind?

Anyway, this **** is about Canelo. If he goes on with this fight, Im done as a fan of his that's for sure.
                      Boxing has weight divisions, not height divisions.

Comment

Working...
                      X