No announcement yet.

James DeGale Named WBC Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James DeGale Named WBC Mandatory

Chavez Jr is going to fight Golovkin so DeGale has finally and rightfully been named as mandatory for Sakio Bika.

The IBF also ordered an eliminator between DeGale and Brandon Gonzales with the winner to become mandatory for the Froch-Groves winner.

Plenty of options for DeGale now after a tough few years. Which should he take?

i think degale beats bika but not in a pretty contest.

jose suliman was chavez jr's godfather so if chavez jr wanted to be wbc mandatory , he would have been - as ridiculous as that sounds but thats boxing for you - corrupt world. thankfully, degale is getting his shot because ggg is fighting chavez.

after bika, i say groves.

Comment

Should go for Bika and fight the winner of Froch-Groves.

Degale will struggle with Bika though, IMO.

Comment

Bika beats Degale and possibly stop him. DeGale is gay and nothing special.

Comment

Agreed, he should go for the straight shot at Bika. If he wins that, he'll likely fight the Froch-Groves winner anyway in a huge unification.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Agreed, he should go for the straight shot at Bika. If he wins that, he'll likely fight the Froch-Groves winner anyway in a huge unification.
            i dont think froch would fight degale

Comment

I think DeGale should go the WBC route.

He would be bringing more to the table for the Froch/Groves fight with 3 belts on the line and his profile will have been given a much needed boost by winning the WBC belt. The Hennessey move has not worked out very well for him tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Should go for Bika and fight the winner of Froch-Groves.

Degale will struggle with Bika though, IMO.
                i agree. he should definitively fight bike first but it will be a tough fight.

the ref will play a huge role in the fight, degale has never seen a fighter as dirty as bika. if the ref lets bika get away with things like he usually does im not sure degale can hold him off with his boxing skills and i know he cant get down and dirty with him.

i hope he turns it down though so anthony dirrell can get another shot at bika next, he deserves it. dude got shafted so badly that night by everyone BUT bika, im talking the ref, the judges.. bika committed almost every single foul in the book and got away with it. then the scoring on top of that..

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  i dont think froch would fight degale
                  I think Froch would fight anybody.

I think if he beats Frochs. He consider that (in his mind) an easy opportunity to get another belt.

Groves-Degale is what I'm not sure will happen if Groves wins.

We know what Groves is like.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    i agree. he should definitively fight bike first but it will be a tough fight.

the ref will play a huge role in the fight, degale has never seen a fighter as dirty as bika. if the ref lets bika get away with things like he usually does im not sure degale can hold him off with his boxing skills and i know he cant get down and dirty with him.

i hope he turns it down though so anthony dirrell can get another shot at bika next, he deserves it. dude got shafted so badly that night by everyone BUT bika, im talking the ref, the judges.. bika committed almost every single foul in the book and got away with it. then the scoring on top of that..
                    Yes, I'm sure that's at the forefront of DeGale's mind

Comment

Working...
                    X