Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao and Floyd: Only a Few Options Fans Want to See

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alvarez needs to move up gradually, why expose him to a great like Cotto so early in his career?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Alvarez needs to move up gradually, why expose him to a great like Cotto so early in his career?
      Cos that fight will rake it in, possibly more than Cotto Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

I think he's ready for a big fight, although he may be well served by fighting another top contender in the division like Angulo or Trout.

Comment

why does pac get a catchweight against martinez but floyd has to fight him at 154?

Comment

angulo may be a tougher fight then cotto for canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by LupinIII View Post
              why does pac get a catchweight against martinez but floyd has to fight him at 154?
              Because Floyd has a height and reach advantage over Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
                angulo may be a tougher fight then cotto for canelo.
                Then if he wants to move up gradually then he could take one of the other contenders in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                  Because Floyd has a height and reach advantage over Pacquiao.
                  So you are suggesting that a fighter that has a disadvantage in height reach should request catchweight? In that case every fight is a catchweight..........

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                    The way I see it Floyd and Manny really only have a few options open if they want fans to be pleased and/or want to add to their respective legacies.

Below I'm going to rank what I would consider the most compelling fights for both in order. This is assuming all the fighters below win their next fights if they have any scheduled.

Floyd Mayweather:

1. Manny Pacquaio

2. Sergio Martinez (at 154 lbs.)

3. Miguel Cotto (at 154 or 147)

4. Amir Khan

5. Timothy Bradley

6. Saul Alvarez

Manny Pacquaio:

1. Floyd Mayweather

2. Sergio Martinez (would likely have to be a catchweight of 150-152, but I don't know if this is even viable)

3. Miguel Cotto rematch (maybe Cotto will perform better with Stewart as his trainer)

4. Timothy Bradley

5. Saul Alvarez

6. ??? Pretty much any top contender from lightweight-junior middleweight (Rios, Guerrero, Soto, Maidana, Berto, Ortiz, Guzman, Alexander, Peterson, Matthysse, (Mike) Jones, Trout, Angulo, etc.). Not really desired and none of them probably deserve it in my view, but you never know one could always step up.

Let me know what you guys think.
                    Mark my words, Arum already has Pacquiao's next fight lined up. Cotto will beat Margarito, and Pac/Cotto 2 will happen. Trust me.

Comment

Manny is 5 ft 6 1/2 in with a 67 in reach, while Martinez is 5 ft 10 in with a 75 in reach. That's a pretty big disparity and Pacquaio requested a catchweight of 150 with Margarito because he didn't think he could preserve his speed at a higher weight. In fact he fought at 147.

I'm just saying a Pacquiao-Martinez fight might not be viable as both fighters may not be able to meete each other half way.

Comment

Working...
                      X