Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the holdup with Ward-Barrera? Fight is supposed to happen next month.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the holdup with Ward-Barrera? Fight is supposed to happen next month.

So the Ward vs Barrera is supposed to happen in less than 6 weeks and the fight still hasn't been announced.

Dan Rafael recently posted an article saying that Ward is almost impossible to deal with and that he comes up with new demands every single day in the Barrera negotiations.

What do you think is the holdup for Ward Barrera?
    Ward is already training and only wants to give Barrera a couple weeks preparation
    18.75%
    Ward's homecooking ref and judges demand more bribe money
    0.00%
    Ward wants more than only $3 million and asked Barrera to give him another 50% from his $150k purse
    6.25%
    Ward has more demands than Floyd and Cotto in all of their career fights combined
    25.00%
    Ward is actually shot due to inactivity and hypocrisy and will announce his retirement
    6.25%
    Ward is scared of Barrera and is still trying to find some replacement hillbillies to fight him
    25.00%
    Ward is going to court, suing the whole boxing community for pressuring him into fighting Kovalev
    18.75%

HBO wants to pay him 5 dollars because they hate American boxers.

Comment

JC Penny contracts is my guess.

Ward does seem like a nightmare to deal with.

Comment

Seriously it's like Andre Ward is doing everything possible to stay out if the ring

Comment

I should have given multiple options in the vote, probably a couple of them hold some truth.

I really think Ward doesn't wanna fight this guy, and if he does he wants to make sure Barrera has every disadvantage possible.

Comment

Every fight won is a step closer to Kovalev............

Comment

Supposedly Ward has beef with HBO.

He has a 3 fight deal with HBO (2 tuneups + Kovalev fight). HBO wants to count the fight he pulled out of in November, Ward doesn’t. Maybe he is dragging his feet to make HBO acquiesce to his wishes.

Comment

Take it easy boys everything is on track, your boy SOG will demolish Barrera soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  I should have given multiple options in the vote, probably a couple of them hold some truth.

I really think Ward doesn't wanna fight this guy, and if he does he wants to make sure Barrera has every disadvantage possible.
                  I gave up on Barrera during his Lacey fight. No one fears him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
                    Supposedly Ward has beef with HBO.

He has a 3 fight deal with HBO (2 tuneups + Kovalev fight). HBO wants to count the fight he pulled out of in November, Ward doesn’t. Maybe he is dragging his feet to make HBO acquiesce to his wishes.
                    Is this legit? I can't imagine it is cuz typically even contracts with a end date will be prolonged due to canceled fights unless what you mean is now HBO is wanting 1 tuneup + the Kovalev fight + a post-Kov fight which would seem like a more likely attempt HBO or a network would make.

Comment

Working...
                    X