Sugar Julio Cesar Chavez jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    how was that not scored a knockdown?
    Yeah, i did think that should have been called a KD but like Kellerman (I think) said, the ref was probably just trying to get the fight over and done with because the crowd was booing at the time.

It kind of looked like he was pulling a Martinez impression at the end of the fight or something, like he thought the fans would eat it up.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX
      how was that not scored a knockdown?
      Can't really tell but it looks like Jr's right foot swept behind Vera's left as he was stepping away. I gotta go back and rewatch.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        He surprised me a bit in there. Didn't think he had it in him to pull off a prime Sugar Ray Leonard-like performance but he sure did.
        Sugar Ray Leonard like? Ever actually watch Leonard fight? If you did you would see that Ray never had a problem putting second rate fringe contenders away, let alone had to get a gift decision to get by them

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Chavez is very talented.. Usually kids of great fighters don't pan out ie Aaron Pryor jr, Ronald hearns, Chaz Witherspoon, etc... But if Chavez really does look like a great fighters at times..
          Too bad he has been really immature during his career...had he taken boxing serious as a profession he would be a legit superstar

I can see him doing big things at 168 vs Abraham, bika, froch
          You usually have well thought out, logical posts. This must be the exception.

With porous defense, no jab, and sloppy footwork, Jr is hardly "very talented". What he does have is a commited body attack, good power, and a solid chin, but this is usually not enough to beat world class fighters. Jr has never clearly beat an upper level fighter and probably never will.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
            Bahaha I love the title!!

Comment

lol Vera goes the distance twice with Chavez Jr. and suddenly he is Roberto Duran..

Comment

chavez jr too slick, too quick. I'll call him Sugar Julio Robinson JR

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                  Chavez Jr caught a little bit of Maravilla

Comment

Working...
                  X