No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Stunned at Groves' Position on Fighting DeGale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He's not even going to get his shot until the Autumn because Anthony Dirrell has been granted an extension to have a voluntary so when are they going to fight at Stamford Bridge? Summer 2016?

And if Ugly Kid wins the world title, he's going to be even harder to negotiate with. He wants 65% already, what's he going to want then? He doesn't want to fight DeGale again, that's clear.
    Hey dude, it's been a long time - not sure if you remember on the message boards because I don't usually post here but like to lurk a bit. Anyway, I seem to recall us having a conversation on both DeGale and Groves before they fought each other. I like both but as of late, Groves has been acting like he owns the whole of the Super Middleweight Division - call it ****iness (just like DeGale was) or confidence, take your pick.

Anyway, I go through a lot of news on these both but I always see your hate messages to Groves. Of course you dislike him but I could have sworn that at one point, when we were talking, you quite liked him. What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
      Bruv, I really dont wanna get into an internet cussing match. Im not ugly or ginger thank jesus, I'm sure you dont have a degale shrine. Honestly tho, you should just park the "ugly kid" thing, it takes away from any good opinions you bring and even Degale has let it go - its terrible banter.

Im not a fanboy of either. I rate both on their day and find both jarring in interviews. I'd defo understand why Groves would swerve Degale right now tho, he's made alot of money, obviously ain't in the best form and is mandatory for a shot at WBC later this year all being well.

Plus if they do both beat a dirrell, a world title unification next summer in London would be massive. I was lucky enough to be in the 12th row for their first fight at o2 and the atmosphere was wicked, imagine a rematch for two world titles and with a year to develop.
      The fact that you complain about it all the time is a big part of the reason I still use it. You obviously didn't catch that. Being ugly and Ginger, you would have hoped that you were at least perceptive....

There's no guarantee of any of that happening. And like I said, if Groves' ego is this big to ask for 65% of the purse now when he's never been a champion and has been stopped in his last two significant fights and looked like **** in his last two bum fights, what's he going to want if he's a world champion?

The fight is on the table now and is the best option for both boxers financially. One side wants it, the other doesn't. Yes I understand why Ugly Kid doesn't want it too - he knows he'd lose

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
        Hey dude, it's been a long time - not sure if you remember on the message boards because I don't usually post here but like to lurk a bit. Anyway, I seem to recall us having a conversation on both DeGale and Groves before they fought each other. I like both but as of late, Groves has been acting like he owns the whole of the Super Middleweight Division - call it ****iness (just like DeGale was) or confidence, take your pick.

Anyway, I go through a lot of news on these both but I always see your hate messages to Groves. Of course you dislike him but I could have sworn that at one point, when we were talking, you quite liked him. What happened?
        I remember you - you bet me that Matthew Hatton would beat Kell Brook

I thought you were taking the piss. Anyway....never been a fan of Groves. He's always tried to overestimate his own worth.

Comment

He's not even going to get his shot until the Autumn because Anthony Dirrell has been granted an extension to have a voluntary so when are they going to fight at Stamford Bridge? Summer 2016?

And if Ugly Kid wins the world title, he's going to be even harder to negotiate with. He wants 65% already, what's he going to want then? He doesn't want to fight DeGale again, that's clear.
          I remember you - you bet me that Matthew Hatton would beat Kell Brook

I thought you were taking the piss. Anyway....never been a fan of Groves. He's always tried to overestimate his own worth.
          Ha! Yeah, but Kell Brook won't beat Amir Khan - it's a miss match. Wanna bet again? lol

Anyway, glad to hear from you again. I'd love to see a rematch and I think DeGale would win this time.

Comment

Hearn needs to stop trying to dictate other fighter's careers and focus on his own stable. Was such a dick to Groves on Twitter the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post

Dirk Diggler is a selective hater / troller.

That is to say he hates anyone who questions Amir Khan or James Degale.

And anyone who is ugly and ginger...

I'm sure it makes sense to him.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                Dirk Diggler is a selective hater / troller.

That is to say he hates anyone who questions Amir Khan or James Degale.

And anyone who is ugly and ginger...

I'm sure it makes sense to him.
                I don't hate anyone, Guiness. Unlike your irrational hatred for Pakistanis and Muslims which you weirdly decide to profess through the medium of a boxing forum.

And once again, a man in his 40's shouldn't be using ridiculous terms like "hater". Your youth is long gone, stop trying to fit in with the young crowd.

Comment

The fact that you complain about it all the time is a big part of the reason I still use it. You obviously didn't catch that. Being ugly and Ginger, you would have hoped that you were at least perceptive....

There's no guarantee of any of that happening. And like I said, if Groves' ego is this big to ask for 65% of the purse now when he's never been a champion and has been stopped in his last two significant fights and looked like **** in his last two bum fights, what's he going to want if he's a world champion?

The fight is on the table now and is the best option for both boxers financially. One side wants it, the other doesn't. Yes I understand why Ugly Kid doesn't want it too - he knows he'd lose
                  You give yourself away. Overly smug know it all knob who has blatantly never stepped foot in a boxing gym + 39000 internet posts = lol, next level unhappy wannabe geek. Stop watching boogie nights, get a girlfriend and have some sex, it'll make you less fat and snarky.

Its a shame tho, coz you make some good points...

Groves on good form beats Anthony Dirrell tho (so would Degale). Degale in good form beats Andre Dirrell of 2015 (I think Andre Dirrell that fought Froch would beat Degale and Groves)... So why the **** shouldn't they take that risk and go guts or glory for a momentous unification next summer at a stadium?? Im shocked you dont want that.

Eddie Hearn only sees short term pound signs, he's worse than Bob Arum. He has PPV commitments he has to meet with Sky, that is a fact too.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
                    You give yourself away. Overly smug know it all knob who has blatantly never stepped foot in a boxing gym + 39000 internet posts = lol, next level unhappy wannabe geek. Stop watching boogie nights, get a girlfriend and have some sex, it'll make you less fat and snarky.

Its a shame tho, coz you make some good points...

Groves on good form beats Anthony Dirrell tho (so would Degale). Degale in good form beats Andre Dirrell of 2015 (I think Andre Dirrell that fought Froch would beat Degale and Groves)... So why the **** shouldn't they take that risk and go guts or glory for a momentous unification next summer at a stadium?? Im shocked you dont want that.

Eddie Hearn only sees short term pound signs, he's worse than Bob Arum. He has PPV commitments he has to meet with Sky, that is a fact too.
                    Wow commenting on my screen name and post count and saying I've never "laced em up". What next? Saying I live in my "mom's basement" and calling me out for a real fight. You'll have covered the entire manual of Generic Forum Insults 101....

I would want that but it's unlikely to happen. I don't see Groves beating Anthony Dirrell in America and honestly DeGale has it tougher against Andre. Even if they do both win, there's no guarantee that they'll end up fighting each other. One of them may get Froch or like I said, Groves will be even more difficult to negotiate with. The fight is on the table now. Froch might even consider the winner for a stadium fight THIS summer.

You can't be turning down this kind of money on the slight chance that it could happen later. I'd understand if it was a couple hundred grand but it's £2.5million that Groves is walking away from.

Comment

I don't hate anyone, Guiness. Unlike your irrational hatred for Pakistanis and Muslims which you weirdly decide to profess through the medium of a boxing forum.

And once again, a man in his 40's shouldn't be using ridiculous terms like "hater". Your youth is long gone, stop trying to fit in with the young crowd.
                      Diggles - you are losing your temper again...

I was unaware that someone had to 'fit in' for the purpose of posting opinion online? I just want to talk some

I am not here to be accepted, judged or seek personal affirmation, but perhaps YOU are?

Comment

Working...
                      X