No announcement yet.

Cotto Allegedly Offered 40 Million Dollars for Mayweather Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    he fought delvin rodriguez. what is there too see?

he fought a 40 year old Martinez who just looked like **** in the fight before against murray. then a year layoff, a broken hand and 2 knee surgeries.

cotto's opponents since he has been with roach make it hard for me too say cotto is new and improved.

the canelo fight will be the true indicator.

is cotto new and improved? or did he fight a bum and a 40 year old fighter headed downhill?

You shouldn't have to see much. During evangelista and roach cotto moved forward cautiously but always forward and went to body with left hook disregarding what would happen to him. A la Trinidad. But not only that what immediately followed was an uppercut of left hook to the head. He would do this without fail and did so relentlessly. He would mix up some stuff but always and many times per round would go to body then up top.

After evangelista and before roach cotto went to a 50-50 boxer puncher style of sorts. I think it would be easy to see with just watching a round or two of his fights with these various trainers.

Just watch round one of the Rodriguez and Martinez fights. Then watch round one of the pac and may fights. I the latter fights he boxed. In the former fights he came out throwing bombs focused to body without feeling out his opponent.

It's just the structure of his fight plan and style that's changed. It doesn't matter who he has fought since roach or how many rounds. It's just the fundamental technical changes that cotto has made. And for someone who is very short with very short arms but also exceedingly strong it's the style that suits him. A boxing style doesn't. I think anyof you can say that at least that has changed in cotto with roach. If not then I don't know what to tell you aside of the classic roger mayweather saying. I won't say it cause I think most will notice the change.

Now here's the kicker. Will the change lead to continuous victories over stiffer opposition?? Or will it lead to a different results against past adversaries. We shall see I hope. So bring on Canelo mayweather In what ever order and then wrap it up with ggg win lose or drAw.

Comment

Working...
    X