No announcement yet.

Kubrat Pulev vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    It will either be a decision win or a late TKO/RTD.

But Pulev will give him his toughest fight in years.
    I hope so. Pulev has the size to match him, and he is a BOXER. The thing with Pulev, he does everything well but nothing extraordinary. I don't know what he should do to win, he doesn't have massive power that could hurt Vlad I believe. Probably another well controlled fight for Vlad.

The only two guys I see as possible genuine threats are Wilder and Fury, both match Vlad in size, Vlad cannot just lean on them and drain them for energy as he does all of his smaller opponents.
    Wilder has massive power and Fury could fight him dirty, scuffle with him on the inside, rough tactics etc. Both need more polishing though and Wilder IMO doesn't beat Stiverne.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post

The only two guys I see as possible genuine threats are Wilder and Fury, both match Vlad in size, Vlad cannot just lean on them and drain them for energy as he does all of his smaller opponents.
      Wilder has massive power and Fury could fight him dirty, scuffle with him on the inside, rough tactics etc. Both need more polishing though and Wilder IMO doesn't beat Stiverne.
      For me Wilder and Fury have zero chance,their chins too suspect for the hard hitting precision punching champion.

Stiverne and Pulev look far tougher and able to mix it at this level.

Stiverne has had Arreola throw everything at him bar the kitchen sink,smiled and won by KO.Pulev like Wilder and Fury can't and won't be manhandled,due to size,Stiverne for me is in the same mould too but tougher like Pulev.

I can see Pulev and Stiverne being able to go 8-12 rounds of a one sided beat down versus the champ,Wilder and Fury don't stand a chance.I question their durability,not their heart,'will' will only get you so far.besides the point none of these guys are skilled enough to compete against the champ for 12 rounds,that challenge will come from AJ,Parker or some of the budding cruisers such as Usyk and Chakhkiev.

Comment

Think Wlad by decision. Most of the best guy's Wlad's faced he goes to decision with either because they're trying to bait him out of position and end up being too negative and cagey like Ibragimov and Haye and don't take much punishment or they're really durable guys that offer some danger like Peter I or Povetkin. Pulev is rugged and he can spoil a little bit when he wants to and has that great jab. I see it going twelve with maybe a couple KD's. Pulev also has underrated footwork. There's a chance that when he tastes what Wlad has in the straight right, he's going to be using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
          For me Wilder and Fury have zero chance,their chins too suspect for the hard hitting precision punching champion.

Stiverne and Pulev look far tougher and able to mix it at this level.

Stiverne has had Arreola throw everything at him bar the kitchen sink,smiled and won by KO.Pulev like Wilder and Fury can't and won't be manhandled,due to size,Stiverne for me is in the same mould too but tougher like Pulev.

I can see Pulev and Stiverne being able to go 8-12 rounds of a one sided beat down versus the champ,Wilder and Fury don't stand a chance.I question their durability,not their heart,'will' will only get you so far.besides the point none of these guys are skilled enough to compete against the champ for 12 rounds,that challenge will come from AJ,Parker or some of the budding cruisers such as Usyk and Chakhkiev.
          Stiverne I would like to see vs Vlad, we might see for the wbc in a years time. I agree that Wilder and Fury would probably get pummeled I just believe they stand the best chances of all contenders, maybe Haye as a dark horse for the rematch. But I do believe Vlad is about to break records and takes no more defeats joining the champions 40 plus club before retirement.

Comment

I just hope this fight isn't delayed again.

Comment

Working...
            X