No announcement yet.

Lampley dissed Rigo on "The Fight Game" last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Lampley and his f*ggot ass glasses can go suck a d**k. Seriously, guys been a joke.

I don't remember him being this bad when I was a kid in the 90's. Maybe I was just too young to see it.
    real talk!!!...dude is the ****ing KING of hating....nobody hates like his punk ass....he's skilled at hating...real slick!!

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
      I am a defensive fighter also. The thing is though when I watch Rigo I feel he could land a lot more without taking much more if he was just a little more aggressive. Again, Mayweather is a good example of what I mean. He throws a lot more than Rigondeaux but he doesn't get hit more. The problem with Rigondeaux is he's stuck in his amateur ways and you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
      Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      I think both hold back at times, but Floyd is more exciting, true. I don't mean to say everyone who calls Rigo boring doesn't know boxing, I just expect people who really know or are into boxing to appreciate his style. I hear you though. I love Rigo and Floyd and fighters like Sweet Pea but I also love action fighters like Margarito, Maidana, Gatti, and Bam Bam Rios.
      I've been following the back-and-forth between you two. I agree that Floyd is a more exciting fighter than Rigo. Mayweather is simply more active. As much as I appreciate Guille's skills and talent, he often holds back just a little too much. It can be frustrating at times. Floyd is more willing to initiate; Rigo always seems to need a spark to get him going.

I think Guillermo is one of the most gifted boxers in history, but he probably spent too much time as an amateur. It's tough to break old habits. Rigo will never change enough to satisfy the typical boxing fan. Even having beaten a top-five P4P fighter with ease, we won't know how truly great "El Chacal" could've been. His best years were lost to Castro and communism.

In any event, I think Rigondeaux is a pleasure to watch, if just a tad too inactive. But, hey, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that the man is really just a rookie pro. He's actually still learning. Scary....

Comment

Can't disagree with him, other than a few spots the fight was boring as hell. You can display a high skill level without having to backpedal the entire 12 rounds. Pathetic is an apt word to sum up the fight. Pathetic that Donaire couldn't do anything and pathetic that Rigondeaux didn't do anything.

Comment

I was surprised that Lampley's reply was "but the crowd booed him". What does that have to do w/ anything? I really enjoy Lampley's commentary though so I was surprised to hear that kind of logic out of him, then again, I've only recently started following boxing more and more. Rigondeaux is definitely #3 P4P, in my opinion.

Comment

Lampley is a little sore that Donaire got taken to school.
            imo it was almost a perfect A+ peformance from Rigondeaux.

Comment

He has 3 Strikes Against Him:

1. He Is Cuban, 2. He Is Too Skilled For Today's Boxing Fans To Understand, and 3. He Can't Speak English

So yes the cards are stacked against him!

By the way Rigondeaux is not a "Defensive Fighter" he is a COUNTER PUNCHER, is it his fault that his opponents are afraid to throw punches after they feel his Power...FUK NO! Even Donaire became hesitant after feeling the little dudes Power.

By talking down about Rigondeaux style at the same time kinda making an excuses for Donaire the guy they was hoping would win anyway! Yes the fight is boring when one guy is making the other guy look like he shouldn't even be in the sport of boxing because he was way more skilled then the guy that was suppose to be the "FAVORED"

Don't Knock Ward, Rigondeaux And Mayweather style because they understand what BOXING is about, tell those other OVERRATED HYPE JOBS to get their fukin SKILLS UP! Or just keep fighting other Overhyped Sluggers and stay away from Real Boxers because we know how that goes 99% of the time with the Boxer just boxing circle round the flat footed stupid brawler
              Last edited by sicko; 07-01-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by por_pramuk View Post
                I was surprised that Lampley's reply was "but the crowd booed him". What does that have to do w/ anything?
                Exactly.

The crowd can boo all they want but that has no bearing on the fact that Rigo is masterful and a top pound for pound fighter. Lampley should know better than that.

Micky Ward or Brandon Rios may have gotten a lot of cheers but that doesn't make them P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by impitpatpuncher View Post
                  Lampley is a little sore that Donaire got taken to school.
                  imo it was almost a perfect A+ peformance from Rigondeaux.
                  Can you get dropped in an A+ performance?

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                    Can you get dropped in an A+ performance?
                    The fact that he took Donaire's hardest punch went down and got right back up and continued to dominate only added to his grade. Had he never gotten hit with that punch the question surrounding Rigo's chin would still remain, now not so much. Him getting dropped made the performance go from A to A + or maybe even A ++

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Corners

Lampley and his f*ggot ass glasses can go suck a d**k. Seriously, guys been a joke.

I don't remember him being this bad when I was a kid in the 90's. Maybe I was just too young to see it.

real talk!!!...dude is the ****ing KING of hating....nobody hates like his punk ass....he's skilled at hating...real slick!!
                      Eh? King of hating? I think not. Look again bud.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X