No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Kirkland Expects Promotional Ruling on May 13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James Kirkland Expects Promotional Ruling on May 13

Junior middleweight contender James Kirkland (31-1, 27KOs) expects to resume his career after a judge issues a ruling on his professional status on May 13th. Kirkland advised BoxingScene.com that a judge will issue a ruling on his promotional status and other pending lawsuits on that date.

Kirkland said that he plans on immediately resuming his career after the ruling. He has been in the gym training and said that he will beready to fight after the court date. He hopes to fight one tune up fight and then get a big fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I heard SMS promotions is courting Kirklands services but GBP are doing their best to block that move.

50 cent is definitely showing signs of expanding his stable of boxers by recruiting young and experienced boxers. The only issue it seems is having to compete with the likes of GBP and Top Rank but if he continues on this current path then he may prove to be a success within boxing.

Comment

Pretty good.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kirkland back in the ring in a big fight. He's all action (while he has gas in the tank), and can bang. Maybe he can pick up a Trout or Canelo fight?

Comment

Talking about getting himself out of the big picture, Kirkland had some momentum and he is completely out of the top fights

Comment

I actually think he can beat Canelo, possibly by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
            I actually think he can beat Canelo, possibly by KO.
            Kirkland would have to have his absolute best day in the ring to KO Canelo. I think he takes him by UD, only if its not in TX (or Mexico), and Kirkland stays busier than Canelo, which is a tall order. Both fighters gas out late. It seems that Canelo gasses out sooner then fights in spurts to steal the decision though. Would be a good fight though. If Kirkland really wanted to get back in the picture, why doesn't he move up to 160 and fight GGG? There's a belt there,and II'm sure GGG would give him a crack at it. If anybody has a punchers chance, it might be Kirkland (assuming he doesn't get flat lined in the first two rounds.)

Comment

I would love to see Kirkland against Canelo. Both of them could get a KO against the other but Kirkland would force Canelo to fight the full rounds. I doubt Kirkland would miss as much as Trout did. Stylistically, it would be a great match up.

Comment

what ruling is he talking about? this statement does'nt clear up anything at all. if he gets out of his contract with goldenboy. he can forget the canelo fight. his personal lawsuits against management and trainers are one thing. but his fight contract is another.in my opinion. he needs to stay with goldenboy.

Comment

i believe that the Kirkland that showed up in the fight against Angulo can beat any light middle-weight, be it canelo, trout, cotto, lara, anyone

Comment

Originally posted by b morph
                    i believe that the Kirkland that showed up in the fight against Angulo can beat any light middle-weight, be it canelo, trout, cotto, lara, anyone

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X