Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon to give up rights on certain fighters to free D1ck Schaefer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
    I hope they shut him out indefinitely. This is a cancer that needs to be killed.
    It certainly sounds like Schaefer's non-compete clause is effective.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    He can let Oscar have Peter Quillin, Paulie Malignaggi, Andre Berto and Devon Alexander.
    Noooo, Quillin is part of the Duck Team Dynasty, he is a natural fit with Al. The other three have guts and will fight anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

If true, my hope is it will be fighters like Khan, Matthysse and Maidana. If he could throw Thurman in too, that would be good (but he won't because that's the next star).
      THat's kind of smart. I'd want to qunatify the future value ($) you could get on each of the proposed fighters on the table (which is kind of messed up - fighters are being held hostage contractually). As a matter of fact, Haymond is at a disadvantage, my bet is many of the Haymon fighters will be back under GBP umbrella because Haymon, Mayweather Promotions, Schaefer aren't officially licsenced promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by JBell11 View Post
        THat's kind of smart. I'd want to qunatify the future value ($) you could get on each of the proposed fighters on the table (which is kind of messed up - fighters are being held hostage contractually). As a matter of fact, Haymond is at a disadvantage, my bet is many of the Haymon fighters will be back under GBP umbrella because Haymon, Mayweather Promotions, Schaefer aren't officially licsenced promoters.
        Yeah, but all they really need is to ally with a promoter who has a license. The non-compete clause is preventing Schaefer from being involved.

Comment

If true, my hope is it will be fighters like Khan, Matthysse and Maidana. If he could throw Thurman in too, that would be good (but he won't because that's the next star).
          Looks to me like Schaefer/Haymon is trying to make a settlement to avoid a lawsuit. Whether they succeed or not obviously depends upon which fighters we are talking about.

Comment

Disgusting. hope Oscar doesn't accept this garbage offer.

Oscar should offer to get rid of Schaefer's compete-clause thing if Haymon hands over his whole stable (or most of it) to GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
              i wouldnt want to be those guys who signed to haymon thinking they made the right choice and then haymon lets them go LOL!!!
              they are managed or advised by Haymon, not promoted.

Originally posted by jas View Post
              edwin rodriquez and chris arreola are advised by al haymon and both fought on hbo while they were.

"Espinoza was the lawyer for Golden Boy. I didn't like him when he was the lawyer for Golden Boy. I never trusted him. I didn't like dealing with him. And he's even worse now that he's at Showtime. And that's really sad, because the people at Showtime are by and large very nice people.

"The guy, Matt Blank, who's the president of Showtime, is a lovely man. He might not do business with us. But he's invariably polite. He's a real mensch! But Espinoza is really somebody who I despise. I hope you got that."

Villegas: "Is it safe to say no more Top Rank fights on Showtime?"

Arum: "We will show you records of sending him 10 to 15 emails, none of which he responds to. He doesn't take our calls. So obviously, we're not going to deal with somebody like that, who has disrespected us, who is somebody that we don't trust, we have no faith in -- why would we deal with somebody like that?
              Yes they did. But we also know what Herschman himself has said so while these look to be exceptions (aeerola fight was signed well before Herschman made the statements and rodriguez) the rule is still the rule.

Did arum ever produce those phone records? He decided not to work with SHowtime. If you believe this and think his decision is a good one, I'm ok with that.

You are someone who just blamed Haymon for the cold war despite this

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...den-boy-battle

SO I get why you would believe Bob's decision was justifiable.

Comment

I'm going on record and saying I will not even watch another Floyd Mayweather fight ever again in my life! I would say buy but I could easily watch it for free but I don't even wanna watch him. How the hell are there talks of GB and Top Rank guys fighting eachother and then Floyd goes and leaves GB???? Smh he's a damn coward.

Comment

Yeah, but all they really need is to ally with a promoter who has a license. The non-compete clause is preventing Schaefer from being involved.
                  Understood- that is the basis of the alleged deal. If Schaefer clause is lifted you'll see that man most likely get the likes of Mayweather Promotions up and running organizationally and market the fighters they'll hold after this deal. I can imagine fighters like Garcia, Thurman will be sought after.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    they are managed or advised by Haymon, not promoted.

Yes they did. But we also know what Herschman himself has said so while these look to be exceptions (aeerola fight was signed well before Herschman made the statements and rodriguez) the rule is still the rule.

Did arum ever produce those phone records? He decided not to work with SHowtime. If you believe this and think his decision is a good one, I'm ok with that.

You are someone who just blamed Haymon for the cold war despite this

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...den-boy-battle

SO I get why you would believe Bob's decision was justifiable.
                    thats what i was saying. i wouldnt want to be those fighters who are managed by haymon if now he can just pick which one he wants to let go. must make those fighters feel like shiiet LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      I'm going on record and saying I will not even watch another Floyd Mayweather fight ever again in my life! I would say buy but I could easily watch it for free but I don't even wanna watch him. How the hell are there talks of GB and Top Rank guys fighting eachother and then Floyd goes and leaves GB???? Smh he's a damn coward.
                      You want some cheese to go along with that whine?

Comment

Working...
                      X