Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARQUEZ: "Arum told me it was just business... I wanted to slap him...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARQUEZ: "Arum told me it was just business... I wanted to slap him...

but I didn't because he's old."

not sure if this has been posted already, if so.. my apologies.
    apparently, Bob told Marquez that the decision in the Pacquiao fight was "just business" suggesting that Marquez winning would have been bad for him and Top Rank. To me it sounds like he was implying that maybe the judges were fixed?

watch for yourself:

I scored it a draw, something tells me no matter what Marquez would have done that night he wouldn't of got the decision anyway though.

Marquez doesn't strike me as dishonest.
    It probably happened, which really doesn't surprise me at all.

Comment

Marquez could have KO'd Pac and Pac would still get the decision that night. Money talks and everyone showed there corruption and price that night. HBO, Arum, Pacquiao, urrrybody was a hoe.....

Comment

it certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth. makes me despise Arum even more..
        as previously stated, Marquez isn't the kind of guy that would strike me as dishonest either.
        there's also no reason to make it up.

Comment

And so called boxing fans on here say people shouldn't complain if they get robbed....

Marquez sums it up perfectly, boxing is stuck in the stone age with all its shady calls and hometown decisions.

Comment

This should not come as a surprise to anyone. The sport (all major sports for that matter) are fueled by money which makes it impossible not to run it as a business.

All of the interests involved from different parties including greed have ruined the essence of sports and how they should be conducted.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised at all, since we all know all the money that is involved with Manny Pacquiao and we also know the kind of person Bob Arum is.

Comment

Marquez is just bitter and he will believe what he believes and its his right to do so, he had 3 close fights versus Pac, but its just what it is, close fightsm far from a robbery ....

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                  but I didn't because he's old."

not sure if this has been posted already, if so.. my apologies.
                  apparently, Bob told Marquez that the decision in the Pacquiao fight was "just business" suggesting that Marquez winning would have been bad for him and Top Rank. To me it sounds like he was implying that maybe the judges were fixed?

watch for yourself:

I scored it a draw, something tells me no matter what Marquez would have done that night he wouldn't of got the decision anyway though.
                  its bob arums indirect way to say "we screwed you"

Comment

Bunch of nonsense. Props to Marquez, he is a great actor.

Comment

Working...
                    X