HUGE fight that never happened...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think Iron Mike would of had it in 1991. ohh he was baaaad

Comment

I think Tyson-Holyfield would have been like Pacquiao-Marquez only in the sense that as long as Tyson made it to the final bell he would have won, whether deservedly so or not. With that said, I think the Tyson that fought Ruddock could have beaten Holyfield legitimately.

Comment

yea, Tyson was different...better in 1991, yeah...

Comment

This fight would really be something in November '91 that might equal the Frazier-Ali fight of the century 20 years ago, Agree Tyson was a lot better then, while their 1996 showdown was still historically significance, Holyfield was thought to be shot and an easy payday for Iron Mike, In 1991, both were at the peak of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I believe Holyfield would have always beat Tyson. It'd be a great fight in 1991 that Holyfield won by decision.
            I don't know about always, but, he would've won most of 'em.

Tyson was a terrific talent and he was good student of the game until his world went down and he got away from what made him good. However, as good as Tyson was in '91, he never had the mental fortitude to deal with The Real Deal.

Holyfield thrives when the tough get goin', he gets stronger as the fight goes, whereas Tyson starts to wilt mentally when the tough get goin'. But, yeah, the
            '91 Iron Mike would've put up a better fight, but, the true champion, Evander, would've found a way to win.

Comment

Ah good one. My buddy and I have always discussed MT's record and how he would have feared against guys like Evander. The young Mike was just unstoppable IMO. But as he got older he became more vulnerable to the more experienced guys.

Comment

In truth I think he became more vulnerable and affected by drugs, bad training habits and females...IF Tyson had the mentality and discipline of a Hopkins, a Chavez, etc...someone with that FOCUS...he may STILL be unbeaten...(not REALLY..but u know what I mean)...

Comment

I don't know about the Tyson of 1987 but the Tyson of 1991 would have troubles with Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
                    I don't know about always, but, he would've won most of 'em.

Tyson was a terrific talent and he was good student of the game until his world went down and he got away from what made him good. However, as good as Tyson was in '91, he never had the mental fortitude to deal with The Real Deal.

Holyfield thrives when the tough get goin', he gets stronger as the fight goes, whereas Tyson starts to wilt mentally when the tough get goin'. But, yeah, the
                    '91 Iron Mike would've put up a better fight, but, the true champion, Evander, would've found a way to win.
                    That is exactly why I think Mike could have won back in 91, I think mentally he was in a much different place than he was when they fought in 96. After having that Ruddock rematch I think he would have been in a great place mentally to take on Holyfield in that kind of match in comparison to in 96 when he hadn't even had a fight past round 3 since getting out of jail. He was really not prepared for that type of fight at that point. Everyone thought it was Mike getting Evander at the right time back then, but really it was the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                      yea, I believe MT would have done much better in 1991...

Without a doubt i think if this happened in 1991 Tyson would take a decision, or possibly a stoppage. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X