No announcement yet.

I found out why Lemieux accepted the GGG fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
    It was an excellent gate number and I don't remember much about the merchandise press release but thousands of people were buying GGG hats and shirts there. The lines were long. That is impressive, especially in boxing. I don't see why it shouldn't be touted.
    What was this "excellent gate number" that you speak of? Was the gate $1m? $1.5m? $2m? $3m?

Long lines or not, you're talking about $150k in revenue being touted.

For perspectives sake, that's less revenue than was brought in on the face value of tickets sold for the Mayweather-Pacquiao weigh-in! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      For perspectives sake, that's less revenue than was brought in on the face value of tickets sold for the Mayweather-Pacquiao weigh-in! lol
      Any part of May Pac is not something to compare any other boxing gate to. The 2 most popular fighters (in the US at least) of the last decade finally fighting. We may never see a fight as big as that again, and we may never see 2 fighters as popular as those 2 again.

GGG is one of the top 5 draws in the sport in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        What was this "excellent gate number" that you speak of? Was the gate $1m? $1.5m? $2m? $3m?

Long lines or not, you're talking about $150k in revenue being touted.

gate was reported as $2 million

Comment

Working...
        X