Comments Thread For: McGregor aims for record of old motherf***ers May/Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
    Absolutely ******ed post

The UFC has the best fighters in the world the best competition and justifiably recognized as the undisputed world champions

Usually the best mma fighters competing outside of the UFC eventually find their way to the UFC and more times than not they get smashed out upon arrival

They are the best.
    You are having a emotional reaction to this like a girl on a period. Remember, logic vs emotion.

A world Title by definition (at least in combat sports, not team sports part of a league) is a championship that you can take anywhere with you and defend it.

Jack Johnson famously took his Heavyweight Title overseas and defended it because of his little dust up in the U.S. Hell, this is why we have a thing called "lineal" champion, where we recognize a guy as champion even if he gets unjustifiably stripped of his trinket. In the UFC, you are nothing but their league champion. They own you. You can't leave their league and still be the champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      Yea it would open up pandora box

I don't generally trust FrontRowBrian, though alot of things he does get scoops on.

Comment

• Originally posted by fathergll View Post
        So does this mean that MLB baseball is a fraud all these years because the World Series isn't a true world championship since it's just MLB and not other leagues or do you only use those analogies when convenient in an attempt to **** on MMA in general?

That's a bad analogy, comparing apples to oranges. Baseball, American Football are traditionally American sports, and they're also TEAM sports.

Combat fighting is historically a global thing. No fighter is a franchise. You've got boxers in the lower weights who mostly fight in Japan under Japanese boxing promoters, and the WBC is involved in it. And you've got middle to upper weight class fighters who predominantly fight in Europe under European promoters and the WBC is still involved in it. There are some examples where two fighters are prevented from facing each other due to being signed to different TV networks, but that's it. Promoters can co-promote if they choose, Titles can be unified etc,. There is nothing that can't be done in Boxing.

In the UFC, you either join their league and become their b1tch or else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Whats the over/under on Dana White's BESTIE Chael Sonnen fighting for another 10+ titles this year???
          Sonnen got caught using PEDS then retired. He got his ass kicked in every championship fight he had while taking artificial testosterone. That tells you how horrible of a fighter he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            I don't generally trust FrontRowBrian, though alot of things he does get scoops on.

And he won't get that, probably 10 mill

Comment

• Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
              Quite a few people in this thread have drunk the UFC Kool-Aid. Do you believe Ronda Drowsey is a "once in human history athlete". A mythical fighter? Lol.

The best fighting the best is a myth because in the UFC every fighter is the best at everything according to the UFC hype machine. (I'm being sarcastic) I mean didn't you see that world class striking last night how Aldo left his right hand low while exchanging left hooks with a south-paw. World class, folks. Lol.
              Remember how the UFC put on Ronda Drowsey vs Cyborg? Coutoure vs Fedor, Fedor vs Brock, Silva vs Jones, Silva vs GSP? I could go on and on. The UFC does not co-promote thus preventing great fights from happening. News flash, many UFC champs are former Strike Force champions......so it looks like the UFC didn't have the best. Or do you not think Ben Askren is the best welterweight MMA fighter in the world?
              Be a fan but always use your brain.
              "Many UFC champs are former Strike Force champions.."

BWaHAHAHaaHahahaHAHAHAHAHaaHAHA!!

Name all these MANY former Strike Force champions you're talking about?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
                Quite a few people in this thread have drunk the UFC Kool-Aid. Do you believe Ronda Drowsey is a "once in human history athlete". A mythical fighter? Lol.

The best fighting the best is a myth because in the UFC every fighter is the best at everything according to the UFC hype machine. (I'm being sarcastic) I mean didn't you see that world class striking last night how Aldo left his right hand low while exchanging left hooks with a south-paw. World class, folks. Lol.
                Remember how the UFC put on Ronda Drowsey vs Cyborg? Coutoure vs Fedor, Fedor vs Brock, Silva vs Jones, Silva vs GSP? I could go on and on. The UFC does not co-promote thus preventing great fights from happening. News flash, many UFC champs are former Strike Force champions......so it looks like the UFC didn't have the best. Or do you not think Ben Askren is the best welterweight MMA fighter in the world?
                Be a fan but always use your brain.
                Who are these MANY former Strike Force champions you're referring to?!

I only know two

Rousey (who just LOST) and Cormier (who LOST to Jon Jones but was awarded the championship after Jones was suspended).

Still waiting for you to name the rest.
                Last edited by texasboi15; 12-13-2015, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                  That's a bad analogy, comparing apples to oranges. Baseball, American Football are traditionally American sports, and they're also TEAM sports.

Combat fighting is historically a global thing. No fighter is a franchise. You've got boxers in the lower weights who mostly fight in Japan under Japanese boxing promoters, and the WBC is involved in it. And you've got middle to upper weight class fighters who predominantly fight in Europe under European promoters and the WBC is still involved in it. There are some examples where two fighters are prevented from facing each other due to being signed to different TV networks, but that's it. Promoters can co-promote if they choose, Titles can be unified etc,. There is nothing that can't be done in Boxing.

In the UFC, you either join their league and become their b1tch or else.
                  XDD Wow, do you even watch boxing? "There is nothing that can't be done in Boxing.
                  " This comment made my day! Well, let's see, where do I start? Promoters is a good start. Golden Boy and Top Rank have been beefing for quite a while now not allowing their fighters to fight each other. Until lately they've allied against Al Haymon and his PBC series. I could copy & paste an entire story about that, but let's not go down that road. HBO, Showtime, ESPN, and NBC all have exclusive fighters that aren't allowed to fight on other networks due to contractual obligations. In other words, they'd have to become their b!tch or else. Don't get me started on the minuscule amount of super fights we'll never see. And when some do happen, they are the worst matches in boxing.

Comment

• 2 thing that's not happening, Conor ain't getting paid and McDonald's worker ain't getting a raise.

Comment

• Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                      Negative

James Toney thought the same thing.

Conor Mcgregor would destroy both Floyd and Pac in the octagon

Trust me.
                      With minimal grappling training, most likely. But both are light years ahead of McGregor in terms of natural athletic ability and talent. They both reached the pinnacle in a sport in which McGregor was nothing more than a low level bum amateur.

If you took even fringe level boxers and gave them a solid grappling base, they'd be wrecking havoc among the highest levels in MMA. The difference in striking is worlds apart.

Comment

Working...
                      X