No announcement yet.

Why is Broner so unlikeable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mud View Post
    I wouldnt say its charisma. Its not charisma that makes people pay attention to a screaming baby on a bus.

He knows how to get attention, and talks a good fight, so people watch. But the fights always are overhyped, and his skills are only appreciated by boxing fans.
    There's thousands upon thousands of fighters out there trying to be a loudmouth and get attention.

Why is Floyd the superstar? Why not Bradley? Why not Judah? Why not Hopkins?

The list could go on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
      There's thousands upon thousands of fighters out there trying to be a loudmouth and get attention.

Why is Floyd the superstar? Why not Bradley? Why not Judah? Why not Hopkins?

The list could go on and on.
      None compare to Floyd in terms of being a twat. Plus he is p4p No.1. And has been for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
        Because he was in there with a small, outgunned, domestic level fighter, and he still felt the need to showboat and belittle his opponent.

I'm all for ****iness and in ring attitude, but it doesn't work when it's used against sub-par opponents who he is superior to in every category.

I'd like Broner to try and drop his hands and act ****y against Matthyyse - he'd get his head taken off.

Broner has all the skills and charisma needed to be a great champion without the Mayweather-esque antics. From now on, he should only act ****y against legitimate threats, not guys who he is supposed to beat.
        The odds will be with him even against Matthysse and just about every fight he has. So at what point is he supposed to unleash his one of a kind charm.

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Because he's ghetto.... but not in a nice way. He's ghetto in an ignorant mean spirited bully racist way.
        He's just like you. What's the problem?

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
        I like Broner. I also think he acts way nicer than Floyd used to. IMO he's likeable.

His comedy is brilliant....

What's your best shot? Response...Any photo!!

'That's a tough steak but i ate it'

'I had to see how much gas that Toyota was runnin on'

Funny stuff.
        Floyd was very humble at 23. Definitely less offensive than Broner.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        He is a very good fighter and a stupid a##hole.
        And he stinks. Your name is Boliodogs?
        Lol
        Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        I've asked this question elsewhere as well, why do black American fighters have to act this way for the public to take an interest in them? Fighters of other nationalities generally don't have to do it, even if there are occasional examples of it.

I don't think anyone can argue that it doesn't work, even if you have to take into account the fact that Broner has a lot of promotional weight behind him. Broner is bigger than Bradley, Ward, and Trout, and has nothing even remotely close to their level of achievement behind him.
        No other nationalities pick up "Mayweather checks" unless your name is Oscar. Its q blueprint to the money. Its also a mental edge that people tend to forget. I've watched black and some Latin fighters use it to perfection. You don't have to have awesome grammar or public speaking classes to be good at it. Where I'm from its more strange if you have nothing to say to your opponents. Mental edge and money. You always get paid more when people want to see you lose. Wins are sweeter when you forecast them.

Comment

Outside of him being racist,I found him pretty goofy and hilarious.

Comment

I think he just rubs people who enjoyed old school fighters.. hes not the norm just the new generation type fighter who fights with their mouth a lot.

Cant really hate since Ali did it when people hated seeing it.

I just cant wait to see Broner fight another A level fighter soon.. wish he'd fight Gamboa

Comment

because he wears sunglasses indoors

surefire indicator of a top-class prick haha

Comment

Broner can showboat if he wants as long as he backs it up and stops his opponents in impressive fashion

Comment

Broner's trashtalk and charisma is very similar to Andre Dirrell. It comes off as forced.

Comment

Working...
                  X