• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After rewatching Berto-Ortiz, I'm convinced that FLoyd will humiliate Ortiz

Berto was out of shape
    Berto is inexperienced vs top fighters
    Berto has pathetic defense
    Berto is careless when he starts throwing punches

Berto is pretty much opposite of Floyd...so yeah, it's hard for me to see how Ortiz can pull this off. Yes he's southpaw, but he's not a quick southpaw. Yes he has power, but Berto was still able to last 12 rounds after getting tagged/knocked down alot.

I can see FLoyd countering Ortiz over and over and over and over and over again. All I can see Ortiz can do is hope for that lucky punch and not get tired. Other than that, I just can't see Ortiz winning.

Originally posted by Mayabang View Post
    Berto was out of shape
    Berto is inexperienced vs top fighters
    Berto has pathetic defense
    Berto is careless when he starts throwing punches

Berto is pretty much opposite of Floyd...so yeah, it's hard for me to see how Ortiz can pull this off. Yes he's southpaw, but he's not a quick southpaw. Yes he has power, but Berto was still able to last 12 rounds after getting tagged/knocked down alot.

I can see FLoyd countering Ortiz over and over and over and over and over again. All I can see Ortiz can do is hope for that lucky punch and not get tired. Other than that, I just can't see Ortiz winning.
    I don't agree with the bold.

Berto was in good shape for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      I don't agree with the bold.

Berto was in good shape for him.
      He looked to be breathing hard alot, at least to me

Comment

Pressure and panic can do that.

He also breathed like that vs Collazo.

Nothing new.

Comment

I think its going to play out quite similar to the Hatton fight,but no doubt Ortiz brings more power and pop and is a live one for the first 3 - 4 rounds, but once Floyd settles he is going to stand like he did against Mosley and make him go backwards

Comment

You are correct he wasn't in good shape. I respect him for not trying to use it as an excuse, but here are the facts.

The dude had cotton mouth at the weigh in. And notice how he immediately started trying to take his nutrition more seriously, even found out he's anemic. (WHICH IS ANOTHER CLUE)

Notice he tried to hook up with conte for getting in shape in general, all of this means he was not in shape.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

COLLAZO IS NOT ORTIZ....

Comment

Ortiz was hand picked by Mayweather for a reason. The only times when Ortiz was effective against Berto was when Berto stop moving his feet. Berto also was caught too much times with his left leg inside, a big NONO against any southpaw.
              Mayweather studied Ortiz from his audience seat and called him after the fight for a reason. He has the timing and the footwork to neutralize Ortiz and that's why this fight is happening. I have to agree with your statement.

Comment

I watched it on HBO few hours ago, and Ortiz is going to eat lots of uppercuts and straight right punches.

Comment

even if victor does catch floyd he doesn't have one punch ko power and the guy is not a good finisher look at his fights with berto maidana peterson and campbell
                  floyd couldn't have picked a better opponent

Comment

Sorry guys I disagree. I'm convinced that Floyd will get humiliated by Ortiz in this fight. I've always seen PBF as an overrated fighter. He knew this. He would have not ducked all these fighters if he didn't. Once Ortiz able to land those power shots of his, PBF would be forced to use his legs and try to avoid them. It's possible Floyd would hit the canvas in this fight.

;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X