No announcement yet.

floyds best win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyds best win

what is floyds best win? who is the best fighter he defeated, poll is limited to 10 opponents so i picked the 10 best which i think will be popular choices.

Genaro Hernandez - won the title, his first tough fight

Corrales - completely dominated corrales when many thought he would get koed, but how great was corrales

Castillo - first fight some thought he lost but his shoulder was injured and he convincingly won the 2nd fight. this is one of his best win in my opinion

Gatti - dominated gatti from the start but again how great of a boxer was gatti? similar in terms of skill to corrales in my opinion. great performance though

Judah - had just lost to baldomir and looked shaky in first 4 rounds but dominated after that. judah also caused cotto problems so this win got better as time went on

De La Hoya - moved to 154, oscar had just koed mayorga. this is his best win in my opinion

Hatton - undefeated hatton but he was moving up to 147. hatton was never the same after loss

Marquez - dominated marquez, great comeback performance but marquez was moving up 2 weight classes

Mosley - mosley had just koed margarito but had not fought in a year, people were demanding for this matchup though

Ortiz - great win over a young hungry fighter, lethal display for combination punching.

Cotto - floyd closest fight in long time by his high standards, how good is cotto at 154? how much did he have left after pac/margarito beatings?

Alvarez - dominant win over young and powerful opponent but at catchweight. canelo had weighted 153 against trout though so did 1 pound effect him that much. win may look better as time goes on

madaina - come on people, he isnt going to lose this one.
    Genaro Hernandez
    0.00%
    Corrales
    43.75%
    Castillo
    12.50%
    Gatti
    0.00%
    Judah
    0.00%
    De La Hoya
    31.25%
    Hatton
    0.00%
    cotto
    0.00%
    Mosley
    0.00%
    canelo
    12.50%
    Last edited by Skip Bayless; 04-13-2014, 02:40 PM.

Chico Corrales

Comment

Castillo 2, because he knew he was in there against a boxer that knew how to get to him. And performed well and got the W.

Comment

Corrales who was mentally and phsyically shot and was off to jail.

Floyd's best win somebody whose not even a real hall of famer.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
          Chico Corrales
          just how great was chico though? chico resume kind of sucks

Comment

this is the resume of the alleged best boxer of this generation?

weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
              this is the resume of the alleged best boxer of this generation?

weak.
              as a boxer i think floyd is better than pac but his resume isnt as good. pac has the greater legacy, floyd whole legacy revolves around his undefeated record.

Comment

DLH, followed by Hatton, followed by Mosley, Marquez, then Cotto.

And that is factoring in the fact that DLH and Mosley were both over the hill and past prime, but those names still hold more weight than the others on his resume. Corrales? Laughable.

Comment

I don't like Floyd, but really don't care to hate on him, but....

I mean his resume is extremely underwhelming, especially when you take into account when he fought some of these guys.

If he would have fought Canelo at 154, I think with time that would become his best win, but he didn't. Who knows. Castillo I guess? Really underwhelming resume, my god.

Comment

we all know fraud jr lost to castillo on their first fight but convincingly won the 2nd fight. so, i'd say that castillo is fraud's best win ever.

i'd consider fraud's resume as the weakest ever included in the p4p list.

Comment

Working...
                    X