Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd stick his foot in his mouth by discrediting the other potential opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt Dibella will pull Martinez from his March date because he already took Lee off the card. He cant afford to do that. So, it might be Cotto or Canelo @ 154. Floyd, is capable of defeating both @ 154. The only question is if he will allow them to fight without a catchweight.

Comment

No, Floyd said he'd fight cotto at cottos comfortable weight, not make him go down to 147 like pacman wants to do.

Then cotradicted himself by saying he always will fight Martinez, because martinez has an "impressive" style, if martinez can make 150.

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        He stated that he has no interests in fighting Canelo because he's too green. He said he didnt even know who Guerrero was. He said he has no interest in fighting Cotto because it would be considered fighting one of Pac's leftovers.

I guess that only leaves Martinez if a fight with Pac doesnt materialize. Realistically, aside from Pac or Martinez, who else is there for Floyd to fight that he would get credit for? From the other options on the table, I say no one. I think its in Floyd best interest to agree to the 50/50 split
        Guerrero beat Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Each day that passes, the chances of this fight happening become slimmer and slimmer. Aside from a promotional tour which although this fight doesnt need much of, it still has to be done in order to maximize viewership, they still need time for a 24/7 segment and training. Given that it's already January 22nd, they're cutting it pretty close!

If you think about what Floyd did from an unbiased view, he basically said "I have to go to jail June 1st and since I have May 5th available, I want Pacquiao. If he doesnt accept all my terms he's ducking!"

How is this any different from what Arum did with the countdown clock that the Floydboyz openly bashed?
          Well it is very different in that Floyd had lived up to all of Pacquiao's terms from the beginning. There was only one real term that Manny had to live up to and Manny WOULD NOT DO THAT for literally 3 going on 4 years.

The OST was the real roadblock for 4 years.

Also, going to jail is very different than making up some theoretical clock for fcuk's sake while all along Arum had signed Pac against another fighter.

I don't think that you can be as unbiased as you believe in order to make the those distinctions.

Comment

Nah. Everyone, except Pac's scary ass, jumps at the chance to fight Floyd regardless of what he says about them. No one can afford to look down their nose at that kinda money.

Comment

He said, it could be Canelo, it could Cotto, but that's not who I want. I want Pacquiao.

He said e knows it could be one of them, he admitted that already. And at the same time he's discrediting them yes. Nothing wrong with that. He did say Cotto is a good fighter though.

Don't worry about Guerrero. Pacfans/Floyd haters think too much about the Guerrero's, Morales's, Matthew's, Malignaggi's and Spadafora's.

Comment

I mean, he only really discredited Guerrero though, so I don't see any issue

He spoke from a fan's perspective. He said that "they'll say" that Canelo is too green or that Cotto is a Pac leftover. He still credited the fight by saying that he'll fight at their comfortable weight.

He still said that Cotto is still a solid and good fighter and went on to discredit Pac's win over him because of the weight drain.

So in my opinion, he left it very open and overall, I think he'll push for the Ginger, to coincide with the mexican holiday and the fact that honestly, I think the Ginger is an easier fight than against Cotto for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                  Obviously, PBF will pick midget Pac over a towering Martinez. Not to mention the huge difference in the amount of money each would generate. Other than Pac/Martinez, PBF and his fans will always claim that there's no other name worthy of PBF's attention. And that's the problem. They lack consistency. Pac's name towers above all else. YET, they're still playing this hard-to-get game as if PBF is giving Pac and fans, in general, a huge favor. It's as if KFC is doing it for free.

They never wanted to ask the question, "If it's not Pac, who ELSE is there for PBF?" If that's the case, why on earth would you dump all these tons of roadblocks if your only choice is Pac?

Well, *****s love to talk **** about Pacquiaos opponents, but let's be fair, since Floyd's back,
                  he has fought a midget two divisions smaller, a grandpa, and a green ass who quited now twice in his career...

And it looks like Floyd is desperate to fight Pacquiao since he looked like dog **** against Marquez.

Floyd is a smarter cherry picker than Pac team, but he also is a damn cherry picker, he won't challenge himself against Martinez, the last true challenge PBF took was 5 years ago, Oscar at 154 was a true challenge for him, I admit it.

It looks like Floyd will pick from 135 to 147 until he calls it a day...

Forget about Sergio or Kirkland...

Since 2007, he only took easy paydays...

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Guerrero beat Mayweather
                    No, even if he had iron in his wraps I wouldn't bet a single $.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      Well, *****s love to talk **** about Pacquiaos opponents, but let's be fair, since Floyd's back,
                      he has fought a midget two divisions smaller, a grandpa, and a green ass who quited now twice in his career...

And it looks like Floyd is desperate to fight Pacquiao since he looked like dog **** against Marquez.

Floyd is a smarter cherry picker than Pac team, but he also is a damn cherry picker, he won't challenge himself against Martinez, the last true challenge PBF took was 5 years ago, Oscar at 154 was a true challenge for him, I admit it.

It looks like Floyd will pick from 135 to 147 until he calls it a day...

Forget about Sergio or Kirkland...

Since 2007, he only took easy paydays...
                      A midget that arguably just beat Manny Pacquiao at the same weight. A grandpa that had just KO'd Mayorga and Margarito, and was universally looked at as one of the Top 3 or 4 WW in the world, as well as Top 10 P4P at the time, that also would go on to fight Pacquiao.....after losing to Floyd. And a green a$$ quitter who was 24 years old, coming off 5 straight wins (1 over 3rd best WW Berto) and a draw he should have won over Peterson (which now looks better).

I don't get people not giving Floyd credit for Ricky Hatton, but giving Pacquiao credit. Yes, Pac gets his due for that win. Ricky, when he fought Manny, was past his prime-still good, coming off a loss to Floyd but rebounded with wins over Malignaggi and Lazcano, where he looked pretty good. And Pac beat him at 140. But, Floyd still beat Hatton when he was widely regarded as prime, Top 5 P4P, unbeaten, and had fought at 147 before. So yes, Pac gets his due, but Floyd gets more for that win, because he did it first. It would be the same if Floyd picked to fight Cotto now, only vice-versa obviously. Ricky Hatton was a very legit fight. It's as legit as if Pacquiao chose to fight Timothy Bradley right now, pretty much the same idea. A 140 champion, unbeaten, in his prime, Top 10 P4P, has fought at 147 before. Hatton was an A- selection for Floyd.

But, no one can seriously make a legit case that Manny has taken a serious fight since Hatton and Cotto in 09'. Clottey was a D fight (hadn't won in 2 years), Margarito at 150 was a C- (just got KO'd by Mosley), Mosley was a D+ (got creamed by Floyd a year prior when he was a champ and looked god awful in a draw with Mora), and Marquez at 144 going in was a C (seen as past it, had been shutout by Floyd over 2 years prior at the same weight). Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, no excuses, terrible choices. You can look back now and say "Well Marquez was a good choice", because he arguably beat Manny. BUT, the general concesnsus going in was that it was a crappy choice of opponent, because he'd been beat down at that weight by Floyd and was over 2 years older since his fight with Floyd. Some people on this site were even questioning why Marquez was still in the Top 10 P4P going into his fight with Manny.

God knows that if Manny had fought Mosley when Floyd did, he would have been praised all the way back tho his home country by all of his fans and the Floyd haters. But, because Floyd fought Mosley, when Pac was trying to get Shane to drop all the way to 142, he gets crap for it. If I remeber right, Max Kellerman and the HBO analysts were even wondering why Shane Mosley's name wasn't involved in the Super Fight discussions were going on about Mayweather-Pacquiao.

People shouldn't have an issue with Floyd's last 2 fights, Mosley and Ortiz. And the issues that were there with Marquez should have decreased slightly, given the fact that Marquez arguably just beat Manny at the exact same weight. And don't give me the "2 lbs" bull crap either or try and say Floyd came in at 160. I laugh at those people. The highest and biggest Floyd has ever looked in a fight was against Oscar in 07' and he came into the ring at 150, same as he did with Ortiz. Floyd himself has said he only walks around anywhere from 154-160, so I highly doubt he weighed 160 lbs against Marquez.
                      Last edited by 4Corners; 01-23-2012, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X