Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe vs Tua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson hits Tua 50 times before he even gets his hands up.
    I'd give Tua a better chance vs Bowe based on Holyfield's knockdown which if I remember right came from a left hook + his overall out slugging Bowe at times.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
      We know Tua brings his power all the way through a fight as well
      I just think that Bowe would go about the job much like Lewis did but
      in his own way..If he starts to sluggin his getting put away but i'd pick
      Bowe UD...
      bowe with his size and reach can box tua like lennox did but something tells me he won't.

bowe loved to slug , maybe because he was a good inside fighter for a big man.

i think bowe-tua will look more like ibeabuchi-tua rather than lewis-tua.

in an ibeabuchi-tua type fight tua has a 50-50 chance. bowe is slightly bigger than ike but he's not gonna throw 100 punches a round like either.

Comment

Originally posted by RelliK View Post
        Tyson hits Tua 50 times before he even gets his hands up.
        I'd give Tua a better chance vs Bowe based on Holyfield's knockdown which if I remember right came from a left hook + his overall out slugging Bowe at times.
        tyson is so overrated.

tua hits as hard if not harder and he has a way better chin and more durable.

tua also has better stamina.

tyson liked to go under his opponents punches. can't do that with tua who is similar in height.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
          bowe with his size and reach can box tua like lennox did but something tells me he won't.

bowe loved to slug , maybe because he was a good inside fighter for a big man.

i think bowe-tua will look more like ibeabuchi-tua rather than lewis-tua.

in an ibeabuchi-tua type fight tua has a 50-50 chance. bowe is slightly bigger than ike but he's not gonna throw 100 punches a round like either.
          No Doubt Bruv...

If it came down to a Slugfest Tua would Blitz him out you know his landing
          that left at some point and his chin is like concrete so its gonna hold up..
          But if he was clever he'd try and fight it at range..
          But yeh all depending on how it would go.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
            No Doubt Bruv...

If it came down to a Slugfest Tua would Blitz him out you know his landing
            that left at some point and his chin is like concrete so its gonna hold up..
            But if he was clever he'd try and fight it at range..
            But yeh all depending on how it would go.....
            bowe has a great chin too , so no lucky punches for tua. he'd have to work hard. bowe would probably come out on top but i like tua's chances.

tua bias.

Comment

tyson is so overrated.

tua hits as hard if not harder and he has a way better chin and more durable.

tua also has better stamina.

tyson liked to go under his opponents punches. can't do that with tua who is similar in height.
              He's overrated by some and underrated by others just like every other great fighter that has ever lived.

I agree good points but I think Tyson's movement and hand speed are going to be to much.
              I was obviously joking about 50 punches to 0 but I do think Tyson would land a a much higher amount.
              Even if Tua has more power not many can withstand being hit over and over with the kind of power these men posses.
              So to me my pick is going with the man who I think will land at a higher rate,Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by RelliK View Post
                He's overrated by some and underrated by others just like every other great fighter that has ever lived.

I agree good points but I think Tyson's movement and hand speed are going to be to much.
                I was obviously joking about 50 punches to 0 but I do think Tyson would land a a much higher amount.
                Even if Tua has more power not many can withstand being hit over and over with the kind of power these men posses.
                So to me my pick is going with the man who I think will land at a higher rate,Tyson.
                tyson can take tua out early but if it goes into the middle rounds ALL BETS ARE OFF.

tua in his prime had stamina and power up to the 12th round.

Comment

bowe has a great chin too , so no lucky punches for tua. he'd have to work hard. bowe would probably come out on top but i like tua's chances.

tua bias.
                  lol

Same here with the Tyson pick G..
                  Biased fan over here and my heart would rule my head over prediction makings

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                    How prime are we talking? In all the fights against Holyfield he took a lot of rounds off just from puffing out. Otherwise, going the distance wasn't really his strong point.
                    Did you see the pace to those fights? No heavyweight would be able to keep up that type of pace while getting hit and pushed by Holyfield.

Bowe Ud's Tua, his boxing skills would win him the fight.

Comment

tyson can take tua out early but if it goes into the middle rounds ALL BETS ARE OFF.

tua in his prime had stamina and power up to the 12th round.
                      Tyson's stamina was not that bad during his prime.
                      he ko'd one of the biggest punchers in Razor Ruddock in 7 and won UD12.
                      He ran after Bonecrusher for 12 rounds and outboxed him.
                      No one could last 12 rounds with him unless they ran so how can people say that he didn't keep his power?

In his first 38 fights only 4 went to the cards, and only 4 ko's over 5 rounds the rest of his fight were 5 rounds or less.

Later on when he wasn't training and was in jail every other day sure he lacked stamina but how can you judge his prime based on these numbers?

Comment

Working...
                      X