No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia Hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Thead slowly turning into what it was created for.

Floyd Mayweather enters in 3... 2... 1...
    There you go, you did it yourself. Now some other anti-Floyd idiot will quote you and insult Floyd fans, then a Floyd fan will defend himself....and basically YOU just turned a thread about Garcia in to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Good job, dumbass.

Comment

I don't think much of him, but I know he's riding a big hype wave that I've always felt is close to crashing point, but I don't think Judah is the guy to do it. Judah might, but the chances are he will find a way out of winning a fight he should

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        he's above average but that's as far as it goes.

Since he got the stoppage vs Khan, he's getting hyped like Bredis Prescott, who for a while there was winning fantasy fights against top level fighters.
        I agree, he's 24 with big names on his record and I'm just wondering why he's not getting overly hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          I don't think he's that good either but at 24 he could improve. I'm just pointing out that when you look at his record, you see big names. There are other fighters with less who receive more attention.

At 24 he has a solid record with big names. So what should Garcia do to get the media on his side?
          He has a decent resume for his age.

Outside of the Khan win he doesn't have any top wins though.

Have you seen his fight with Ashley Theophane?

Comment

Garcia is actually better than he looks.Although limited he is very strong in one area PUNCHING WITH HIS OPONENT. Most fighters attack then defend,counter punchers are looking to counter but Garcia plans ahead to land a bingo shot in the exchanges. When he is attacked he is actually studying patterns with a view of landing something really big in a future when he sees the pattern again. This is his strength and is over looked. Sooner or later the oponent repeats an attack pattern and Garcia knows what is coming and has a plan to get the better of the exchange.He is going to win a lot the guy that beats him will be an unpredictable boxer that is constantly changing.
            Last edited by Prince Mongo; 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

You are right but the point wasn’t to necessarily call out Pac but to display that Garcia has fought guys that other top guys avoided or lost to.

You accused him of avoiding Kendall "f^cking" Holt.

Your agenda here is as clear and transparent as a Danny Garcia right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                He has a decent resume for his age.

Outside of the Khan win he doesn't have any top wins though.

Have you seen his fight with Ashley Theophane?
                No, I've been trying to stream his fights recently but out here (deployed), the internet sucks. Like really sucks.

Hell, I got banned for 3 days because I double posted a thread that was apparently already made to begin with. The network is that bad but lucky to at least have it.

Anyway, what's interesting about that fight? Display his flaws?

Comment

This Kid is a Garbage, real BUM

When De La Hoya really find real Competition in 140lbs for him he will be destroyed

Garcia's Defense is Trash, He Accept many punches because his defense is trash especially between his guard , against Real Competition like Alvarado,Josesito Lopez, Maidana. Rios, Matthysse is KO guaranted, his moviment around the ring is null

This Kid will be killed ugly

Comment

No, I've been trying to stream his fights recently but out here (deployed), the internet sucks. Like really sucks.

Hell, I got banned for 3 days because I double posted a thread that was apparently already made to begin with. The network is that bad but lucky to at least have it.

Anyway, what's interesting about that fight? Display his flaws?
                    It didn't only display his flaws but almost lost. Many thought he lost.

Was a close fight that could have gone either way but with the point deduction, really close.

In his defense he was only 21 at the time. But Theophane is not very good at all. And Garcia looked woeful against him, woeful. And like I said, could easily have lost the decision.

He's improved since then though.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                      Garcia is actually better than he looks.Although limited he is very strong in one area PUNCHING WITH HIS OPONENT. Most fighters attack then defend,counter punchers are looking to counter but Garcia plans ahead to land a bingo shot in the exchanges. When he is attacked he is actually studying patterns with a view of landing something really big in a future when he sees the pattern again. This is his strength and is over looked. Sooner or later the oponent repeats an attack pattern and Garcia knows what is coming and has a plan to get the better of the exchange.He is going to win a lot the guy that beats him will be an unpredictable boxer that is constantly changing.
                      I agree with everythin' you say. Plus, the dude has shown to have a solid chin. His quickness isn't subpar either. I've also noticed his punches have looked a bit less disgustingly loopy in the past 2 fights. I don't see him losin' at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X